Intel Arc news and rumours

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Horus-Anhur, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    A770 got smacked by the 6700xt. Didnt know difference is that big.

3. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Yep, exactly confirms my Fortnite results with 6700 XT being 50-60% (or even more) faster with my settings (Lumen, Nanite & shadows off, 66% TSR high 1440p). And the Radeon currently even costs a bit less than the 16GB A770.

And Intel only will have 4070 Ti performance some time next year. I guess they'll continue being superfluous with those absurd price points, this company just seems done...

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    I think drivers are to blame for such lousy performance. Hardware is there on paper should be even faster than 6700xt but simply its not even close.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That might change with the rumored AI boosted CPU's.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    Its not like card is cpu limited in anyway.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    These cards from Intel are mostly for servers anyway.

8. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  9. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  10. PF Prophet

PF Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Acer A770+1070AmpEx
    hes also going back to 10th gen because of latancy with newer chips, i like the guy but, also have had to correct him more then a few times, i give the man credit though, after one video i responded to he made a video a couple weeks later based on my feedback and the responses to it that corrected the problem he was having.. (he had set some settings exact opposite of what was needed for correct/best results)

hes had a far worse exp then myself or my friends who have grabbed a770's and a380's (for media systems, having an a380 in ones media box makes using it for remote steam play on his downstairs tv works amazing, sunlight, the non-nvidia fork of moonlight works amazing, better now then moonlight does infact, works better then we ever expected, better then the 1070 mini it replaced for both media and game streaming.

now i admit we arent average users, we all know how to use dxvk and have used it since before arc was even a thing, so our exp has been less problematic, we also use nglide and dgvoodoo2 since they help old games even on amd/nvidia hardware, including converting ancient dx calls to dx12..you can also stack dxvk over dgvoodoo2 when in dx9-11 modes ;) and this is all stuff that pre-dated arc even being a rumor for us so... yeah...

though.. even kenny's bro whos far from a techie geek was able to dxvk the hand full of his older games that really needed it, with a simple link to a couple posts about using dxvk on windows... and the dxvk-async build we sent him with the conf file pre-built to enable async...

what we NEED is somebody whos got the hardware around, to give us benches of arc on as many platforms as possible, for example 9th-current gen intel(you can flash rebar enabled bios to a large % of uefi bios systems, a couple x99 boards even got beta bios that enabled it, its not a new spec, its been in pci-e since 2.0, just needs a uefi module/driver to enable it.) and ryzen, figure out where the bottlenecks kick in and why some people have far different results then others.

also, the drivers are still in heavy development, this is a Raja design, creating drivers that get the most out of its an ongoing process, like most of the designs hes had his hands in, the dif being, when he started they already had alot of work done by ati, even then it took them quite a few driver revisions to get the most out of alot of those designs of the past, i mean some they just gave up on optimizing and moved on... 2900 and 4k lineups for example... on the other hand, the 5k-gnc cards took a good while for drivers to fully mature, but, often aged better then their respective nvidia counterparts, despite how much better nvidias drivers tended to be out of the gate.

in effect intel are having to catch up to DECADES of work the other 2 have behind them, now IMHO, their best move rather then trying to build a proper legacy dx driver, is to use dxvk/dgvoodoo2/etc layer code, optimize, debug, and contribute back to those projects, because, once that works done it should be pretty easy for them to port it to newer designs like amd/nv have for decades now..

btw, raja has admitted making video drivers was a far harder and more time consuming/resource intensive prospect then he expected, before leaving intel.

theres some sort of bottleneck, im guessing its due to the use in part of a hybrid scheduler, software+hardware, just from some things i have seen in its behavior and how updates effected some titles.. that were not noted to effect those titles.. and how amd vs nv run said titles... amd runs well optimized/coded games better, nvidia's soft scheduler runs poorly optimized games far better then amd tend to, due to being able to thread even poorly optimized titles to some degree using the soft scheduler...

video drivers are stupidly complex these days.. honestly if legacy dx support was handled via translation layers like dxvk/dgvoodoo2/nglide/etc... it could make things better across the board game support wise... since even on NV and AMD we have all found titles that either wouldnt run, or ran very poorly native..but dxvk/dgvoodoo2/nglide/etc.. worked wonderfully.. hell the old deadspace game runs best with dxvk that auto locks it to 60fps since physics are linked to fps in the game.. the game runs pretty crap by default on both brands in our exp..with dxvk tho.... damn son... so smooth, just pegged at 60 settings maxxed out...

11. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080

endbase likes this.
  12. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    AuerX likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    While it's nice to see Sparkle return to the graphics card market, I doubt they'll be of much help for Intel.... They really need to get the performance sorted out.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Intel® Graphics Driver 31.0.101.4676

Further refinements for Starfield.

Fixed Issues
    Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:
    • Starfield (DX12) improved stability in different areas of the game.
    • Starfield (DX12) may incorrectly render glass surfaces and objects.
    • Starfield (DX12) may exhibit missing eyebrows on characters.
    Known Issues
    Intel® Arc™ Graphics Products:
    • Starfield (DX12) may experience sporadic instability in some areas of the game.
    • Starfield (DX12) may exhibit corruption when using Dynamic Resolution Scaling. A workaround is to change the Render Resolution Scale slider value.
    • Starfield (DX12) may exhibit low texture details on certain objects in the game.
    • Starfield (DX12) may exhibit texture flickering on light sources during gameplay.
    • Fortnite (DX12) may exhibit flickering corruptions during gameplay.
    • UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection (DX12) may exhibit texture corruption on characters.
    • Halo Infinite (DX12) campaign may experience an application crash on some system configurations.
    • Dead by Daylight (DX11) may experience an application crash during gameplay.
    • Topaz Video AI may experience errors when using some models for video enhancement.
    • Adobe After Effects may experience an application crash during render operations.
    • Device fan may ramp up frequently on certain Intel® Arc™ Graphics products.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    A week has passed and Intel ARC owners still cant play the game normally. Why do they need so long to fix the performance issues?

A750 sub 30fps on 1080p low

17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU

chispy likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    FG broken on Intel Arc

19. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    Its actually not that bad. Very close to rx6600 with some anomalies here and there. 3050 is an embarrassment for the price.

Horus-Anhur likes this.