Intel Arc desktop graphics cards from Intel are further delayed (could be September at the earliest)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 11, 2022.

1. Embra

Embra Maha Guru

GPU:
    6800xt Nitro+
    I will just wait until the reviews are posted.

I will ignore everything else.

Exodite and fantaskarsef like this.
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I'm not even sure it's about drivers here. Might just be hardware delays because of lockdowns in CN.
    Anyway, why should they not have issues? Everybody building hardware has them, I'd have been surprised if Intel's launch of a whole new product line would go without any troubles.

3. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Does anyone know how the drivers are "really" doing in the laptop released versions?

4. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Intel supposed to launch those cards in 2020, then moves twice date in 2021, then early 2022, summer 2022 now talking about end 2022. Well doubt we will see them until 2023!

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Seriously Intel, just release it for a lower-than- desired price and take your losses. If they released it a half year ago, miners would've bought them all up anyway. The market is already starting to stabilize and we're seeing GPUs creeping back to MSRP. By September, Intel will have mostly missed out on the mining market. That would have been the one thing that really made this product sell well.
    Tell reviewers which games are known to not be optimized, and perhaps people will be a little more forgiving. Obviously, don't tell reviews what to review because that's just asking for more hate.

Take note from CDPR: When a product gets repeatedly delayed and still under-delivers on release day, it looks real bad. Intel could wait another whole year and these products will still under-deliver, even ignoring the next gen stuff from Nvidia and AMD. That's not a shot at Intel, it's just insanely hard to optimize everything.

Though as I always point out, AMD's open-source drivers have little to no application-specific optimizations and yet they perform so well that each of their GPUs are practically bumped up a whole performance tier. So if AMD can pull that off, the only thing that would be stopping Intel from doing the same is either bad developer practices or the GPU architecture is fundamentally flawed. This is a pretty new architecture, so Intel ought to have had a pretty clean slate to work with. If they're already heavily dependent upon micro-optimizations, they're going to have a difficult future.

6. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    I actually believe that they are doing this already. There are numerous serious NUC BIOS bugs plaguing the NUC support forum and Intel seems to be pretty much ignoring everyone. It looks like they are completely fixated on other projects.

7. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    The only 2 devices I have to deal with that use Xe integrated as their only graphics are glitchy as hell. My niece has an 11th gen 2 in 1 with Xe and when you witch from laptop to tablet orientation it has all kinds of terrible graphical glitches like videos rolling from right to left or the top of the screen being duplicated over and over all the way down the screen.

I have a mini-PC with Xe and most emulators I try to go full screen in crash instantly. This PC is based on a tablet screen so I suspect its a similar bug.

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    R.I.P. i guess.

9. Ojref

Ojref Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6900XT
    All I have to say is look who's running this poop show. I'm sure AMD's management is spinning in their chairs laughing at how well the trojan horse is working.

Keitosha likes this.
  10. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    They are going to have to sell these at cost as they are going to be competing with the low end from this next gen from AMD and Nvidia. This delay is going to hurt.

11. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    so what your saying is that the drivers are hot garbage.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nGreedia RTX 3080
    RIP the dream of affordable video cards. The leather jacket is laughing its equivalent of an ass off right now.

DannyD likes this.
  13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes:

14. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    we'll have crazy good deals by year's end, like in 2018

don't skimp on vram, your next reasonably priced GPU could be in 2030

15. FookDat

FookDat Master Guru

GPU:
    6950XT RD 2889/2498
    So they are delayed so they can put data mining into their drivers... no thanks... no even interested in Intel GPUs.

16. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Well, this is very disappointing, and I'll just leave it at that.

AuerX likes this.
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The more time goes by, the more is looks like Larrabee 2.0.....

Keitosha, Stormyandcold and Silva like this.
  18. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Intel is still living from its past.. They had good years from Core 2 to second Ryzen coming. They lost SSD marked and managed to remove most of third party chips from mainboards and forced people upgrade boards very often.. in last years they lived from old code base, which were made around intel cpucs.

19. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    LMFAO ole Raja Koduri still at it i see. Dude is a fraud, card will be a dud by the time it comes out, watch

Dimitrios1983 likes this.
  20. Slammy

Slammy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 7800GTX
    Problem is that they bought into Raja's BS. Dude promised for years and years to take out Nvidia and never did, when his cards did come out, they got whipped cause they were so late. he basically destroyed ATi.
    They should have paid whatever it would take to get one of Nvidia's best people if they were serious. Now its gonna cost them.

Dimitrios1983 likes this.