Intel Arc A580 Appearing in AotS Benchmark Database, Comparable to RTX 3050/3060

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 18, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thats not bad. I have a feeling any new DX12 game it will suck at first. Its going to be some fine wine drivers. Then that was expected.

3. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    If this is the expected performance bracket then it looks like their driver devs are making good progress.

From what I've heard, seems DX12 and Vulkan run fine but DX11 is where performance sucks.

4. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    if they can keep the price down this might actually be a thing.

5. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    As things are I would not even consider an Intel card , the stability and roulette of how it works , it is a big no no in my books. If they stay in this market and in generation or two they fixed all those things ... Then sure I will consider em!

6. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    The hardware is here, as long as the price isn't over the top and their driver team works to fix the issues ASAP, they have a winner in my book.

7. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    That will be interesting if true. I have a feeling Intel has a very hard road ahead with hardware and drivers. This dGPU market is brutal. I very much want them to eventually be successful.

8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Well it makes sense when you really think about it: DX12 and Vulkan are the future of games, and most people buying a new GPU are looking to play new games. These should be Intel's top priority to optimize, especially since many of them will be in benchmarks. These APIs were built a lot more sanely than DX11 and OpenGL, where from what I can tell (and maybe I'm wrong) they don't need as much vendor-specific optimizations. So, as long as Intel refines the drivers as a whole, they don't have to work that hard to make these work. DX11 unfortunately is going to require them to work very hard to optimize and the list of games is huge, so they pretty much have to prioritize the most recent and/or most popular DX11 titles.
    I imagine that the devs who do all these application-specific optimizations will have a really hard time when the core drivers are probably changing pretty frequently, as I imagine this can sometimes undo a lot of their work.

I concur that I'd like them to eventually be successful. It has to be "eventual" because I think even Intel knows this will not start off as a success. At least their pricing seems okay.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I just want to see some competition. I'm sick of nVidia's BS, and in my experience AMD is nowhere to be seen. I can't buy an AMD card if they're never available/don't exist.

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well the hardware seems solid, specially for a first attempt, now we only need to see how is the software.

But the big questions is if Intel is really serious about their graphics dovision or if they are going to shut it down if they don`t make money fast to cover all the R&D.

I think it`s the first but i could be wrong.

11. shady28

shady28 Member

GPU:
    GTX 2060
    ARC is starting to look a lot better now that we have some price ranges.

This is particularly true of the midrange GPU market, which is still way way overpriced with a 3060 running about $380-$450 USD and a 3060 Ti in the $475+ area, and they don't seem to be budging. The 3050 itself is mostly in the $325-$350 range, which is nuts.

This A580 by comparison is supposed to be between $200 and $299, and my guess is closer to the $200 mark. If they can fix the drivers to at least give a stable experience, I think this thing would sell like hotcakes at $225-$250.