Intel Announces Core M entry level mobile processors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel launched the new Intel Core M processor, which will power new 2 in 1 devices from a variety of manufacturers including: Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Toshiba. Delivering the optimal blend of ...

Intel Announces Core M entry level mobile processors

2. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    A little off topic to this thread but i always found it silly that intel cuts down or underclocks their igpu's in the lower end models even though theyre already the bottleneck, other then yeilds is there a reason for this?

3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    None that I can see other than TDP.

They should take a note from AMD's APU's and couple their lower end CPU cores with a beefy iGPU.

Then when DX12 hits people will get a nice performance increase on chips like these as low level hardware access (which DX12 should bring) will drastically help improve performance for people with lower end CPU's and decent iGPU's.

AMD's mantle has proven this that if you have a low end CPU you will be see more of a benefit from low level access.

Would make sense, but then it might also put people off buying their higher end mainstream platforms and just going for the lower end hardware to save money when companies like Intel want you to buy their more expensive stuff.

4. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    I asked me the same, but doesn't make sense, at least they should have some entry level CPU with the full iGPU, like G3258 with Iris Pro 5200.

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    What architecture's it built off? Atom or Haswell or something else?

6. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Its broadwell, these are intels first broadwell chips. There more for large tablets and ultra books I believe, and they should be good for fanless ultra thin devices thanks to the TDP and small physical dimensions of the chip itself