Intel and Microsoft Preparing for Windows 12 Release

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 3, 2023.

1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    But , but , but , but windows 11 still in Beta stage :p

2. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Will this involve DEEPFAKE tech that INTEL already has ( INTEL found a way to spot it) that will be used as a tool by the government in some way? I'm not a tinfoil hat person but I was right many times with COVID and politics. I got a bad feeling about this. I guess we will see in the next few years.

3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Windows 10 is the most stable OS i've ever used. I haven't had a BSOD for over 2 years. If it ain't broke then why try fix it.

There's absolutely 0 that Win 11 can do over 10 apart from Direct Storage version and HDR auto thing which i wouldn't use anyway, i doubt i'd see any difference between the two meaning why bother.

Win 12 will just be full of bloatware as usual. Hopefully one day M$ might actually make a proper gaming focussed OS which is fast and lightweight. I can dream can't i?

Solfaur and wavetrex like this.
  4. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    But I just "upgraded" from 10 to 11?

12?

Hey Microsoft, got a question for you. I'm an old guy and have bought just about every damn version of Windows ever released over the years through OEM pc purchases or direct OS purchases for builds.

You have been into my wallet for what must be well over $1,000 USD with all the OS and Office purchases over the last 20 years.

I'm not going to pay you any more money and you will simply update Windows. Call it whatever number or version you want, then no more number or name changes. We all have Windows and YOU simply update it to work properly from this day forward.

I'm also in the manufacturing world here in the mid-west of the US. You would be utterly amazed at all the pc's in one single production facility with Windows installed on them, can't run a modern factory without pc's.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    PC on intel Pentium D work with W11 perfectely once you remove the unimportant thing (CPU check, secure boot, TPM, unability to have a full GUI on linux mode... lot of M$ noob tool, spy tool,etc...) also most (if not all) W10 drivers can be installed (ok: sometime using force... but in the end it work lol).
    If W10 work on a PC then W11 will work the same, and, most of the time better.

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    No arguments there the question is... If your win10 are rock solid ... Where is the rush to jump to win11?

Valken likes this.
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I just want to know where 9 went.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Threw the "Windows"

Typhon Six Six Six likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Seven Ate Nine.

I'm going to go now....

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Check again, you missed a number of kernel improvements, features and fixes that are never coming to 10.

Typhon Six Six Six likes this.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think MS wanted to distance themselves so far apart from Win 8 due to its terrible reception that they went to 10.

12. Can you give some examples? Is there a site that lists all these improvements?

chispy likes this.
  13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    He's googling it right now.

TimmyP, Venix, Valken and 4 others like this.
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    One of the features:

Microsoft announced the Auto Color Management feature for Windows 11 in late 2022. The Windows 11 2022 Update brought hardware-accelerated system-level color management to select qualifying and specially provisioned standard dynamic range displays (SDR), ensuring accurate and consistent colors in every application across the operating system. Now Microsoft is getting ready to expand the feature and bring ACM to every supported monitor...

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-11-will-soon-make-your-monitor-display-better-colors/

mentor07825 likes this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The problem with Windows right now is the (forced) telemetry and the MS bloatware.

That`s why for me W7 was the best ever.

Typhon Six Six Six and Valken like this.

16. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I use an Enterprise version of Windows 10, all bloatware is stripped out by default; use Chris Titus' utility to kill off all unneeded services; ShutUp10 to kill off telemetry; run unGoogled Chromium and use DuckDuckGo for searches; the only running at startup is Afterburner, Fan Control, VPN. At Startup I have 68 services running, right now at 11 days uptime I have 91 processes running, which includes Chromium with 6 tabs open.

Valken, mentor07825 and fantaskarsef like this.
  17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Intel and Microsoft working together? Sounds bad.
    Why is AMD omitted from it?

18. Martin5000

Martin5000 Master Guru

GPU:
    8 gig
    artificial intelligence will never happen well not until we move away from the digital and move towards analogue and into the quantum realm. there can be no free will without the subatomic.
    i see tools to sort and design using logic based code but that isn't intelligent that's just dumb organisers people think that's intelligent. It isnt its just pretending to be. sick of this AI term zero and one aka binary switches will never become self aware.

19. Heh :p

I was looking for more of the kernel improvements and anything on-paper that's supposed to translate to improved performance over 10.

20. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    that should be out-of-the-box experience for all users, not only for big corporate licensees.