Insufficient memory of Android phone

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Cokasy, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    My Android phone's memory is 64 GB.the available memory is 8 GB. the Disney infinity and Modern warfare 5 may take up 5-6 GB on my phone. When i download them, the phone indicates "insufficient memory".
    In order to successfully download and install these game apps on my Android phone, I intentionally deleted some videos and useless apps from Android ,
    I download again , the same problem appears again.
    I don't know, I'm struggling, I've deleted some data and why is there still not enough memory?

2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    You are confusing memory with storage. Memory is ram, most modern phones have 4-6 gb memory.

3. Stickynote

Stickynote Guest

GPU:
    Iris Pro/128Mb
    yeah, maybe your storage doesn't have enough 5-6Gb to store your game.

4. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    Okay, but you can help me out ?

5. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    Then how to do ? My friend said I could spare some space for my phone , but it seems very difficult ,

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you need to check out what exactly causes you to have no space left.

social apps like telegram / facebook / whatsapp could cause this. check out their folders on your data partition.

7. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    Before that, I had a lot of photos on my phone, video and music in my phone , they seem to occupy 12 GB , but i have deleted them from phone ,

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What phone do you have?

antiseptic likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    memory and storage is not the same thing, you mixxing up the 2. insufficient memory This referess to the memoy the phone has to use in to run the programs, if you having space issue, it would say insufficient space which wouldnt let you install said program

No phone has 64gb of memory 64gb of storage sure, memory no

10. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If you're out of storage, you may want to delete old apps or files that you might not use anymore. If that's not possible, if you have a microSD card slot you can expand your phone's storage space by offloading things like music & photos on to it.

11. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    I am using Android phone ,

12. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    Well , i get what you mean , but now i just want to get some idea from here , ok ?

13. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    On , i don't have any microSD card on my Android phone , and i have deleted some photos, videos and app from my phone, however, it is still insufficient to install the game app.
    It seems that these data was not completely deleted I doubt .

14. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    What phone do you have? There's no such thing as "Android phone", state your phone's model.

15. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Not to be hash, but i would recommend you get a iphone, if all you know about your phone is that it is a "android" phone...

Keitosha, GroinShooter and sykozis like this.

16. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    I get it , but now how to deal with my Android phone ? Now this is the most urgent thing.

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i wonder about people, "insufficient memory" does not refer to storage he has 64gb of "storage" and 8 gb "memory", if he has over 10 gb of "storage" free it should have no problem download and installing, unless androids check if the device has enough "memory" for said program before even downloading a program to install, in which case if it does not have enough "memory" free it wont download it. in which case gona have turn off alot background apps and hope it helps

and last i check Modern warfare 5 does not have native version on android no CoD game has native andriod support to begin with , which make me wonder if there trying to emulate these, which would drive up the "memory" requirement which also explain the "insufficient memory" even with 8gb.

I not try to be ass but i know people here know the difference between "insufficient memory" and "insufficient storage/space" the 2 are not the same thing at all. Deleting stuff off your phone storage is NOT gona give you more "memory" unless said things deleted were always running in background.

and unless OP tells use what phone they have it isnt gona matter.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    386SX likes this.
  18. stackuzy

stackuzy Guest

GPU:
    GT 1070
    Delete apps or files not being used on the phone. it seems the storage is not enough for the game to be downloaded. You can check this blog post to get more free space.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Exactly, even if he said iPhone there's multiple releases. The statement Android phone is as generic as saying you have a PC that can't do something. Help can't be given, especially in regards to hardware which the OP suggests, when we know not what the hardware is.

20. Cokasy

Cokasy Guest

GPU:
    12GB
    But my friend can play this game on his Android phone ,