Installed games in control panel

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skryabin, Dec 11, 2014.

1. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070 ASUS
    After cleaning up my steam installation (removed all the games and started to add only my favorite ones) I have noticed something strange in nvidia control panel.

Before the cleaning process I could see almost all the steam games listed there.

Now I can't see any steam game listed in nvcpanel, and I've already installed pretty big games, it simply doesn't detect the steam games.

Is this something normal? does it affect the drivers functionality?

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Could just be because it doesn't detect them. It won't affect them as long as the assigned .exes are part of driver profiles within the driver. You can check with nvidia inspector.

3. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Open NVIDIA Geforce Experience and scan for games. It magically adds them in the panel as well. (at least for me)

4. skryabin

skryabin Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070 ASUS
    it doesn't work for me :(
    I have the games detected in experience and scanned many times, but they don't get listed in the nvidia control panel.

maybe because I use a new steam library created on a secondary disk?

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 oc
    My Steam games don't get detected for me as well in the Nvidia Control Panel.
    If i want to make some adjustments in the Control Panel for a particular Game, i just manually add the executable to the Panel under 3d settings add a program.
    I don't use Geforce Experience at all, the only items i install during a driver setup are the driver of course and PhysX.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    cpanel has never gotten those thinkgs correct for me. Even now, I look at the list and it showns I have games I never even heard of, let alone have installed.

Nv Inspector is all you need these days.