Install RivaTuner and ATT without them to interfere with each other

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Deviad, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Deviad

Deviad Member

GPU:
    ASUS 48070x2
    I've installed RivaTuner some months ago to overclock my video card (X4870X2) and to handle its fan.
    I'd like to install ATT to manage other things like anisotropic filtering, vsync, ecc.
    What installation options should I chose during the installation process to avoid ATT to interfere with RivaTuner? Should I disable the overclock in ATT on installation?

Another problem I have is that when I play movies with aero switched off I get some lines when there is some motion like if the image is not being updated as fast as it should be. If I activate aero then I don't get this problem.
    This is kind of an issue as for playing games I prefear to have aero switched off.
    IS there any feature in ATT that could help to resolve this problem or any other solutions in general like editing some keys in the register?

Thank you very much for help.
    Cheers,
    Deviad

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Nothing. Just install it :)

Look like driver problem. I never sow this on my system.

3. Deviad

Deviad Member

GPU:
    ASUS 48070x2
    I made some fast researches on google and it looks like a common problem: hardware acceleration cannot be modified anymore in advanced video properties tab, instead you are forced to use aero. Therefore if you use the windows vista basic theme or the classic one, hardware acceleration is turned off. When in videolan you select hardware acceleration in the options, in real it does just nothing. If you are using aero it is on if not it is off. You can find this thing better explained if you just google 2 secs for windows vista and hardware acceleration.
    Now you'll ask me: "why do you want aero off?"
    The problem with aero and ati drivers is that, amongst the many issues, when you play games in windowed mode they crash after some time (less than 5 minutes).
    I thought it was something related to overclock but it isn't as even lowering the clock didn't fix the problem and on the web I found other users reporting this problem.
    I'm so disappointed for purchasing my current x4870x2 that next time I'm gonna buy a geforce. :\

Let's hope Windows 7 makes the things easier instead of more complicated like Windows Vista did.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009