Input lag with PC and TV

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by signex, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    agreed. been running my PC through my pioneer vsx 920 amp. no notable difference in response compared to direct input to PC. you just gotta make sure you disable postprocessing and upscaling for the PC to receiver connection, on my receiver i left it on pass through mode.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    if it has game mode, its the way to go.

Otherwise you are doomed, problems with TV without game-mode is that there is no way to disable all those post-processing effects which make images look nice, but also introduce input lag .-.

Try disabling every smoothing/noise reduction etc option and see if that improves it.

On my panasonic i do have game mode, altho i dont find big difference with it on/off (altho i dont play FPS and such on TV, only console ports and some other gamepad ones).

Also if TV looks better than PC monitor (unless TV its IPS/VA and PC Monitor its TN) its a matter of wrong-calibration and post-processing effects (which you want to disable) so...

Also check if HDMI entries are different, i mean, some TVs have HDMI for PCs/consoles, aka HDMIs which disable post-processing automatically.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    I have it on game mode, filters are all off, the input lag isnt really really big but it's noticeable a bit.

I think i have a HDMI for PC's on my TV it says HDMI / DVI on my first HDMI port.
    What if i get a adapter DVI > HDMI would that make a difference?

4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    if you have game mode then it wont make a difference, postprocessing should be already off, i think you'll have to live with that.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    Sticking with my 24inch led monitor anyway, and 40inch for movies or singleplayer ;)
    Cause i can hardly see my enemies on BF2 and BC2 cause of the large screen.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, sit further away :)

7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    I am far enough ;)

8. erm

erm Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    me too see a little lag between the PC and Samsung tv3d but the PC is in another room and is connected tamite HDMI cable 10 meters long ... Is there a solution? thx

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Think of yourself as a console gamer? :)

10. mcantu

mcantu Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti 1 GB
    try changing the input to 'dvi pc' (thats pc mode). this disables more post processing than just game mode does

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Use the DVI/RGB on the TV I have done that with all the samsung HDTV I had and never had a problem with Input lag of anysort, but then I dont see input lag of any sort on my console games either, I also never used the Game mode on the 32' samsung tvs. I sit roughly 6-8 feet away

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    I have a old pc from my parents hooked up through VGA and i think there isnt any input lag anymore. But it's not as sharp as hdmi unfortenetly. But i dont really care about that.
    Anyhow the lag is gone now, ill test with my own PC when i get a new graphics card.