Inno3D raises questions by mentioning GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Super On Their website

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    cryohellinc likes this.
  2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wonder what it would cost.

3. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    I think it s an error on their website ( youngblood and control are now replaced by Cod MW 2019 when u buy RTX card)
    And honestly , I strongly doubt Nvidia release 2080 Ti super now.
    Nvidia Ampere next card should be out mid-2020

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I'm sure this is legit. As someone involved in web development, content is first prepared and only later on copy-pasted from the source onto the live website.
    Content is never written on-the-go. So I'm confident this will be in the pipeline. However, someone didn't edit it out of the source documents.

Netherwind likes this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well, tbh this looks pretty legit. Still not buying one :D

6. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Well, if it is a real card it better have hdmi 2.1 on it otherwise it’s gonna be a waste of time.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same as 2080ti.

8. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    More.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Why do you think that? The 2080Ti is not exactly a huge seller (at least not like the 1080Ti was) and increasing the price even more would be contra productive.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    If true, it can only mean one thing: Nvidia is expecting something from AMD that is close to 2080ti level at lower price (5800xt?).

11. cyberfredxxx

cyberfredxxx Member Guru

GPU:
    WF 780 GTX
    and I m pretty sure it s an error : see the date of promotion : july 9th -> september 16th
    redeem limit date : Today ! october 16th
    if the card really exists , we would have some leak , especially if the card will be out soon !
    Honestly , NVidia has absolutely no reason to release a big card now , few months before 7nm.

12. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    It's prob just a rehash with faster memory? If so it'll give them a lead if they release first. I bet the typo was for marketing hype, it's not hard or expensive to target enthusiasts as they're the ones hunting.

13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Sure, I may be wrong, but still, I've made an educated assumption.

The one big reason I see - 7nm Nvidia cards will be out next year. In between that, there is plenty of time for AMD to release something which can either outperform current Nvidia cards (doubt that) or most likely be on par with them.
    And we all have heard rumors about 5800 and 5900. Lisa Su herself mentioned that there will be "bigger" cards coming out. Question is - when?

fantaskarsef likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Fun fact: if there is a 2080TI Super, there's still barely any reason for people to buy it.

If you never wanted a 2080TI, you won't get the super.
    If you wanted one but couldn't afford it, grab a good 2080TI non super to save some money on discounts when the super cards arrive.
    If you have a 2080TI with good cooling, you'll probably never even feel the "upgrade" you'd have with a super.

Unless my current card miraculously stops working, I don't see why I should buy a 2080TI super. Nor many people else having reason to do so.

on AMD: Oh I have hopes that they, this time, seriously close in on their competition. Not necessarily with 5800/5900, but what comes in 2020. And since the consoles are said to have dedicated RT hardware, I wouldn't be surprised if AMD would, at console launch, also prepare / announce their next desktop GPUs with RT hardware and kicking performance for a good price. Just hoping though, nothing that's guaranteeing this by far.

alanm likes this.
  15. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    What if someone is eagerly anticipating the next Guru3d Christmas contest dreaming of winning a 2080Ti Super to replace his 1080Ti, also won in a previous Christmas contest?:D

fantaskarsef likes this.

16. Petr V

Petr V Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx over 9000
    Like old Mercedes

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Out of curiosity, I just checked my local store for 2080Ti prices 1 year after launch. Needless to say, the cheapest, most craptastic model was almost twice the price I payed for my MSI Gaming 1080Ti (on launch day), with the high end 2080Ti models in the 2.5x, almost 3x the cost. I don't know about you guys, but to me, this is beyond insane. So I couldn't care less about a possible "super", since for me, the 2080Ti is already super-super-SUPER-overpriced.

geogan and Mesab67 like this.
  18. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Hopefully better RTX performance. RTX performance right now is laughable on current non ti rtx 20xx cards.

19. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 / RTX 5000
    I used to work at a creative agency doing web, I would always read over copy that came from our marketing folks for mistakes (before I updated something and took the blame). So many times I caught outdated info, something generally inaccurate, or grammar issues.

50/50 this is real or this was a poor marketing intern who just slipped up and copied each card name with "SUPER" after it. Then no one proofreads or it just gets overlooked before the web team is told to post it up.

geogan and cryohellinc like this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    there is no 2080ti super.