Inno3D GTX460 768MB - A nice surprise?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by SmoTaN, Sep 5, 2010.

1. SmoTaN

SmoTaN Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7850 2GB DCII
    I just got this card - Inno3D GTX460 768MB - OC version.

I checked on their website and It is not the same PCB/cooler as the one they are showing but then I noticed on the bottom that "Note: 1. PCB, components, specification and packing are subjected to change without notice" so ok they did a black nvidia reference PCB with a reference cooler actually it is this one showed in this review (only it has an additional "OC version" sticker):

http://www.techspot.com/review/299-palit-inno3d-geforce-gtx-460/page3.html

But then Inno3D is advertising clocks for the OC version like 750/1350/3800 and also the retailer listed the same clocks but when I installed the card the clocks were factory set to 800/1600/4000 (according to GPU-Z and Afterburner)!!!

I'm puzzled as to why the higher clocks because all websites list this product with the official inno3d clocks! Did I get an ES sample?

I'll put the GPU-Z screenshot tomorrow as at the moment I'm writing from a different PC ...

I did a Kombustor test with Afterburner, the idle temps were ~30-35 C and with kombustor after the 2-nd minute the temperature stabilized at 71 C, fan speed rose from 40 to 50% with no change in noise, it is very quiet.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well, it's possible they simply changed boards. Sometimes they do that, I had the same thing happen to me with an ATI 3850 long ago.

Sounds like they might have taken your voltage control, that would suck.

3. SmoTaN

SmoTaN Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7850 2GB DCII
    Sorry this is my mistake, I recently installed the latest version of Afterburner 2.0 and forgot to check the "unlock voltage control" box in the settings. It's interesting to see a reference card with such high clocks :).

Anyway this is what GPU-Z is reporting:

[​IMG]

4. [EXC]NaNthor

[EXC]NaNthor Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 8800GT G
    well, that's only nice isn't it? You buy a card with 750/1350/3800 specs, and you receive 800/1600/4000 specs. You should be glad!!
    Don't worry, both nVidia-chip AND the ram can have those clocks easily!
    If you ARE worried, check your temps. I expect they shouldn't go up 80C.

I see as Subvendor in your screenshot only NVIDIA (10DE).....Some videocards show the brand of the card itself in there....but I guess it's not a problem.

5. SmoTaN

SmoTaN Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS HD7850 2GB DCII
    Don't get me wrong, I love this card but the point of all this thread was to find out how can this happen and is it some test or engineer early sample ... who knows, maybe the BIOS version can shed some light to this!? Does anyone have a reference GTX460 so we can compare the versions?