Info Zone - gEngines, Ray Tracing, AI, DLSS, DLAA, DLDSR, TSR, FSR, XeSS, DirectSR and MODS etc.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by OnnA, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    FSR2 shimmering is mostly on small geometry edges and alpha textures. Not on MipMaps.

2. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    This sham channel will take the worst they can get away with. Look at their benchmarks of games that are sometimes in literal preprelease state, broken at code level, can tell within 5 minutes... Why do they even bother? How does it help this hobby in any way whatsoever?

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    they'll make a lot of enemies in their fanbase by saying 960p upscaled can look same or better than 1440p native more often than not. But worry not, they delete negative comments about their testing, happened to me once for pointing out wraith spire is not $40 added value while the igpu on 9600k is more than zero, never bothered to treat them seriously afterwards.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    "dlss is better than native"

Look at it. Last of us is so blurry and in dead space ghosting makes it unplayable and thats quality preset so waiting for timmy to swoop in and say performance preset is just as good :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    facepalm. that's why it says native++ in the summary where native is clearly better, gonna ignore 10 cases where dlss wins on IQ and provides performance gains and 5 where it's as good and still lets you have that 30-40% ? not to mention dlss performance looking better in a few cases ?

Hattan Saleh likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Dlss only looks better in death stranding due native horrible aa but that said even fsr2 looks better in that one. Rest of it is a wash and native looking better.

7. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    see, I told you they were gonna anger some fanboys with those results. HUB is not credible anymore !

Hattan Saleh likes this.
  8. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    You also still have that kind of horrible DLSS ghosting with lampposts in CP77 (and bloom shader still explodes).
    0 progression since DLSS preset C of 2.3.9 DLL from the beginning of 2022, unless you count more blurry and unstable preset F that CP77 doesn't even use for DLAA...

9. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Okaaay.

Why is a tech channel benchmarking games, immediately, that are clearly broken at a code level so bad that a trained monkey could tell? Hogwarts Legacy had fundamental problems that anyone with experience could tell within 5 minutes of playing the game... Yet this channel benched this game immediately, that day, this prerelease version and thats their benchmark video now on HL... which was completely changed\fixed after the first patch on launch... 3 days later.

How is this indicative of credibility? I say its the opposite. I say its stirring the pot even more, to get views for themselves. This channel is growing because of a misapprehension about vram that they propagate themselves for views.

Think about HL if you were around for that 3 day early version. When you got to Hogwarts it went from 120fps smooth for the last 15 minutes of the intro... to 5fps on every system with any settings! Did they not even play the game that much? Did they play the game to that part and STILL decide to bench it (with FIFTY THREE cards)?

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I really wish dlss and fsr could be updated, like physx used to be. there are so many versions now.

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    Download DLSS Swapper from MS Store, you can swap DLL in less than 5s.

Oh but it's only for Steam games

12. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes I know , but that is not what i ment. physx comes with drivers, games and you are able to download them too. So its a pretty safe way. (though there are 2 versions of physics, legacy and the normal one).
    If you use DLSS swapper, it is pretty far from safe, you can run into problems if the .dll file is not compatible. which i have seen plenty of reports of.

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It is pretty much 100% backwards compatible and with DLSSTweaks you can force settings that work better (which usually always is preset C with auto-exposure forced enabled).

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I remember dying light 2 also had severe ghosting issues. Latest dlss versions are much better.

That said image quality was really good in that game even with dlss balanced.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So replacing a DLSS1 file with DLSS3 or replacing a DLSS2 file with DLSS3 file (minus the specific 4xxx series features) should work better ?

16. cucaulay malkin

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    you can swap the dll for GOG and Epic too, not just Steam. I did it for CP2077 (GOG) and Control (Epic, though the game doesn't like the new dll, swapped version had issues. I'm glad it's so easy to update the dll, HUB should have used the best one for all, it'd show even mroe games where dlss > native+taa, not just 10.

17. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    on the github of DLSS swapper it says

So thats why it is confusing.

18. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Just put the dll in the folder of the executable. Let Windows and Nvidia take care of the rest. No need for third party software whatsoever in this case.

19. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    So the very first game i try is Red dead redemption. the game is saying it needs a update, re-downloads the dll and launches. (despite the file being read only).

Uncharted 4 , it does not crash. I have a question though about the sharpness slider. Should the values be the same as the default .dll ?

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Nvidia disabled sharpness starting from dlss 2.5.1.