Inaguration Day

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by mike41, Jan 19, 2009.

1. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    You just had an epic win, the inauguration was an epic fail...
    I can't believe i wasted 30mins watching it on BBC:banana:

2. The_Red

The_Red Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 9800gtx
    it was only 30 mins long. Thats not too bad.

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Chaps this was the swearing in of an African American president! The significance is truly massive, colossal....

This was surely one of THE defining moments in history. Now we can argue about that but I think time will show that I am correct to say this.

4. zinjin

zinjin Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga

I agree with on most of your point but one lil issue. While some countries choose their leader in a democratic way, we citizens of the US practice a REPUBLIC form of government. It also makes me cringe every time I hear some talking headed bimbo refer to the US as a democracy. Its is a Constitutional Republic. Our Founding Fathers detested the thought of creating the US as a democracy.

5. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I think he's going to be a great president, but not because he's black but because he's the prez with the best Intelligence:Charisma ratio in a while!

6. The_Red

The_Red Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 9800gtx
    I'm sorry hallryu, I was about to make a post agreeing with you, but your avatar seriously makes me laugh every single time I see it.\

Its wrong in ways yet to be described by human beings.

lol.

7. The_Red

The_Red Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 9800gtx
    I don't think anyone really thinks his ethnicity will make him any different to what a good president should be. Its the historic context where america banded together to support someone who could deliver something different to the status quo. Also, the idea that an african american could be president would have been unthinkable a few decades ago.

8. soul8103

soul8103 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8600M GT
    I thought his speech was great. Very coherent and moving. Whether you support him or not, it's definately gonna be an interesting presidency to say the least...

9. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    I watched most of it, not too bad. I hope he is able to do what he says he wants to do. That is the whole downfall of being president, if your really able to do what you said you wanted to. I am looking forward to see what he will do. I am glad we do not have another old money fat cat in office.(no offense to bush, he is just kind of uumm a dumbass, money does not make you smart).

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    :Dhehe

11. Doug

Doug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Obama has a cousin who lives in Salford, apparently she invited him over to manchester to see man city play and take him to the corronation street set haha :D imagine obama being an extra on corrie!

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    We've been there and done that and believe me it isn't THAT significant beyond the first few weeks after the vote. He needs to be remembered for the things he does being the first AA President is NOT something he should be remembered for it certainly shouldn't be the only thing he is remembered for and believe me the 'significance' means nowt for the future, for the days after he has gone. Things return to the way they were shockingly quickly.

13. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Good luck Obama, may the next 4 years be prosperous.

14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    wishing peace prosperity and good fortune to americans! hope your president can continue where bush left off...

i mean not! hehe. no seriously it seems you have a man of the times and hell i think the world needs more barack obama's.

15. madmax987

madmax987 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire ATI HD4870 512mb
    Why are the Democrats pushing this link between Obama and Lincoln? I'm absolutely positive that Lincoln would not want to see a man of colour in the White House. The Emancipation Proclamation was merely a tactic to stop the European powers such as Britain and France from supporting the South.

How is American education these days?

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    eh? and whats your point..maybe i should backtrack. but voodoo tata see u in the 17th century...

how is british education? u see people in derby encouraging others to commit suicide..

and the mentality of the mob still prevails eh what?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  17. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    obama, obama... obama-arama obamarama banana, banana... bananarama obamarama

:banana:

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    this i am afraid highlights some of the poor british education and yob attitude thats rife in our nation.

i apologise to americans to what should be a nice thread about the start of decent guy's presidency spoiled by the comments of some of my countryman.

crap! and have told u before skunk and i'll tell u again u need to stop smoking the stuff..

19. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Well I don't agree with many of his policies however I support him and hope he does well as our 44th President. It will be interesting to see how the media covers his administration since a lot of it has Clinton ties.

20. Mega666

Mega666 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 280 SLI
    People are just riding the emotional wave of his "historic" election. We shall soon find out what he is really made of. Let's not get ahead of the game. A man is defined by his actions - NOT by color.