In your opinion which is the best drivers for Nvidia and why??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by AQUILES, Apr 7, 2005.

?

For you which is the best driver for Nvidia?

1. Forceware (Oficial)

87 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. Something Else

106 vote(s)
    38.8%
  3. Omega

15 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. DHzer0point

18 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. DNA-Force

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. NGO

23 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. Some other one (to specify)

16 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    I'll second that ! :)

2. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    I have used almost all of them except NGO.
    Not many make too huge of difference anyway. But i try all and almost everytime keep either original beta or DNA.
    Dono. DNA has always worked good for me from the days of ATI.
    XGs are good but too many drivers from them, i mean for single version too. I dont know if they already do this but get a group of people with different configs and do internal tests before releasing some drivers and roll out 1 driver / version. Many times i get frustrated seeing another type available with 2-3 days of the one oi downloaded :p

3. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

have you ever tried ngo funky??

they are usually better then dna,.. and recently dna has done some very.... suspicious aditions to his drivers...

4. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    I agree with that , I supose most of the hardwork was done in their first versions and subsequent releases would just have the same tweaks applied and sent out after a quick check to make sure nobodys PC will blow up.

I belive the modded drivers on the ATi scene gave more of an advantage than the ones on the nVidia scene.

5. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well as long as my AV and Antispyware sweeps come clean i dont care whats in the package. All i do is install drivers and do testing. I dont go into seeing whats in the package and whats not. And i havend found anything suspicious in DNA drivers. There was this controvercy last time and some antispywares incorrectly detected some bug in these drivers which was confirmed misdetection from that antispyware.
    Thats all about it.
    I havent tried NGO for a personal reason which i need not disclose here. ;)

6. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Thats not really the case we add things and modify things ALL the time in the drivers. Im not the only one working on these drivers either.

7. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780Ti
    We know that, and is very appreciated... but they are too many versions of oneself driver, example: 77.62 1, 2 and 3.

Of for if they are many drivers that have come out lately, and we wanted a single version definitive for each driver that comes out.

As it is thank you for the XG, excellents in quality:D .

8. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

Offtopic:

I havent seen you on these forums for month Funky, good to see you back.

Ngo drivers are great, my favs.

9. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    How do you manage to keep up with all the new driver sets and release so frequently? Do you just have a overally dedicated staff? I must admit I havent tried your drivers on this setup , but on the other i had a wierd flick/tearing bug that was discussed and not solved (probably my fault for not helping you out trying to find the source of the problem).

How many new things can you find? Ive always wondered at what level you modify the drivers?

10. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hi, Well i had my exams so a month or two went there.
    Anyway i will give NGOs a try too as i get time.

11. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Well we also dont modify EVERY single driver that comes out we do skip around depending on how the drivers is. Some are just too buggy to modify. We find things here and there and add them when possible. We usualy wait for some feedback on the driver before tweaking it and if they are good have a release a week or 2 later. Ofcourse if nothing changed we will release it sooner than two weeks. Lately there have been plenty of changes in the tweaks from driver to driver. Especially with our 77.62 driver which has several revisions to it.

12. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Hmm I had noticed that your releases had slowed down a bit , but assumed is was the beta drivers drying up a touch. I havnt been online much :(

13. Baxter

Baxter Active Member

GPU:
    6800 gt
    dna`s here very stable fast

14. Guest

Guest Member

Best drivers for FX5900xt series

I am still a devoted fan sticking to the Xtreme G 76.10 (ForceWare) series drivers for HL2 at this time. I played clear up to the sand buggy level and every detail was superb!!! I really am impressed with these drivers. I had to tweak just one of the defualt settings for my own preference, vsync: 'application controlled' "on".
    All in All, these are working out well for my two FX cards and the option during install to pick your series of card for optimal install is sweet. Thanks to the author's and really informative website having more interesting tools/links.

It was a disappointment to see all the graphics errors in the background scenes and AI sentry model skins that were washed out in a white blemish overlay pattern from previous drivers I tried from other modified sources.

XTREME KICKS THE LAMAS A$$!

YOURS TRULY,

15. michealace82

michealace82 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X BFG GTX 285 OCE 1GB
    VDaishi
    come on Bro bring out the 77.30's
    You Guy's got my vote best moddders
    always have an increased FPS and the IQ is always awesome
    Thanks again
    77.30's ????BF2 gotta have Bro !

16. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Are you serious you still want the 77.30's? there are newer...better drivers out..... IF you REALLY REALLY want it i can probably do it for you but try the 77.62's you might like them :)

17. Pylor

Pylor Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 7970
    The 77.30s destroyed every other driver, I was dissapointed there was no tweaked driver for them, but I suppose that the 77.76 is better now.

18. Alexi

Alexi Guest

...The best drivers are the latest, non-beta drivers. DUH

19. Phalkon30

Phalkon30 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 GT @ 420x1175 /water
    Whats the **'d out word and why is it being blocked?

I've tried several modded drivers, and I find I lose frames, run into problems, they leave more crap after uninstalling them, and I can never notice any possitive improvement. I stick to standard forceware.

20. Scooterdan

Scooterdan New Member

GPU:
    ATI/DELL Radeon HD 3450
    What do you mean by this?? You DO uninstall the drivers correctly before installing new ones, right?......or maybe I should ask just what process you use for uninstalling and installing new drivers?