In the market for a 570gtx...EVGA vs MSI

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by nox156, Jan 22, 2011.

1. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    You cannot compare the stock cooler of a 260 to that of a 570. I too had a Evga GTX 260 core 216 card and can attest that the fan is much louder than that of a gtx 570 even with the 260 running at a lower fan speed. The cooler on the 570 is much more silent and efficient.

2. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    I get it, and thanks to the vapor chamber, i just wanna know how many RPM run the FAN at 65%.. For example u have an EVGA gtx570, can u write for me some numbers plz?

3. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Sure, im on the laptop right now but give a few minutes and I will fire up the gaming rig and check it for you.

4. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Fan set to 65% is giving me 2580rpms.

5. pakko

pakko Active Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX580 WindF3 SLI
    Thank you man <3

I can always buy evga + AXP but i think im gonna spend too much € :bang:

6. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I would check warranty policy too

here in Singpapore, only MSI can give a 1 year 1:1 RMA..the others only give up to a week from purchase, and if you RMA after that, you need to wait for the distro to send the card to the manufacturer for RMA..

Had I known, I would have gotten the MSI :(

7. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    I will probably get the AXP myself but in all honesty im quite happy right now with the stock cooler and the overclock so I will wait a bit longer perhaps even until the price comes down a bit.

8. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 5700xt 8gig
    Just a side not on evga. If they don't have any more of that card you buy left to rma your screwed. Just ask anyone with a 8800 series. Your screwed if it dies. Same as pny does. Lifetime warranty as long as it is being made. I have seen alot of post on evga website with cards out of warranty. Yep that is right OUT OF WARRANTY so don't be fooled by lifetime warranty. Pny started it and now evga is following. Evga has great customer support though. Never had any issues with them. I don't know much about msi as i have never had any issues with them to ever need to talk to customer service.

9. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    I have often read where evga in this case sent the customer a replacement card of equal or greater value, usually greater.

10. brazen

brazen Active Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX 980
    Friend of mine just lost his 295. EVGA sent him a 480 SuperClocked since the 295 is permanently out of stock.

You get equal or better. And you have to indicate if your setup is in SLI, then you can send the other one in too and get a second one.

11. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Master Guru

GPU:
    8GB GTX 1080
    Afterburner grants better results and options with a fellow MSI card. EVGA is what I prefer since they guarantee you a point that you can overclock your card to. For example, I had an EVGA GTX 470 and it was guaranteed that you'd be able to hit 825/1650/2000 on the card at max voltage. I was able to hit a little further at max voltage.

MSI would probably manage to push farther than any EVGA card, but it's entirely up to you. I would go with EVGA over any other brand just because of reliability and performance.

12. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    An MSI card will benefit no better than any other brand of GPU when using MSI's overclocking software.

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    lol nope.

Fyi Hawk, Talon and lightning(twinfrozr) editions have triple voltage control.

14. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    All he said was a fellow MSI card which I assumed he meant any old reference MSI GPU. Yes, the ones you mentioned allow further tweaking due to hardware differences in those particular cards.

15. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    whoa people are snippy, anyways not sure if this question still applies or not but I currently have MSI and have never had a better experience with heat, oc capability. That being said however, my previous 2 cards have been EVGA and never had an issue, they are both quality companies that will be a good choice no matter what you choose.

In short, take the cheaper one!

16. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    I'm gonna have to go with TheHunter on this one. The TwinFrozr 2 GTX 570 is probably the best 570 right now because of the cooler.

Ignore the names and look at the facts:

One is MUCH better cooled, the other has a longer warranty. Overclocking potential is random, but you can't go wrong with lower temps since that can usually leave you some more voltage headroom.

Lifetime warranty is nice, but 3 years is a long time and technology is going very fast. Even if I could get the same GPU back in 3 years, I'd probably still go out of my way to actually purchase the next better thing by then. Think about that for a second, because imo warranty is only important as long as it lasts you through an entire generation.

Call me biased, but unless you're going to replace the cooler with the Accerelo one, there is simply no other better air cooler that comes pre installed like the Twin Frozr. On my gtx 460, even if I turn off vsync while playing bfbc2 and let the %load hover at 97-99% for 3hrs long, it just doesn't get past 48c. It's not noisy at all and keeps the GPU pretty cool. I might as well call this a lifetime warranty cause at these temps I don't think It's going to die anytime soon.

The thing I like about EVGA though is this: http://www.evga.com/stepup/default.asp?switch=2

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    hmm looks like I`m borking my 295 lol

18. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    And I'll be sure to let Jacob know about it. ;-)

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    kiss my butt:flip2:

20. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Sorry, I should not have even said that. It was wrong.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011