1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In LA on the 27th of next month...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by st0nez, Feb 14, 2011.

1. st0nez

st0nez Master Guru

GPU:
    R290/4GB
    So despite most of my family being American, my wife and myself have never been so we are doing a bit of a southwest trip.

We are in LA around 5 nights, so we have booked 4 at one of the better hotels in Anaheim intending to do Disneyland etc, maybe catch a game at the Angels stadium if there are any games while we are there that is. The last night we are staying at a hotel at LAX as our flight is early. For that day we were intending on doing some sort of hop on and off tour as it would be waste to be in a city and only visit a small part. Any ideas on what sort of tour to do etc?

From there we fly to Arizona to stay with family for roughly the same amount of time, visit Sedona and the Heart Attack Grill etc.

Then to Nevada for a night before renting a mustang and driving to the Grand Canyon and staying at flag staff and back for another two nights. Followed by San Fransico for a few nights then over to Hawaii for another few nights and back home to New Zealand.

Any tips for any of these places would be great but to be honest its LA we know the least about and have the least organised for so help here would be most appreciated.

We are both mid 20s, no kids, to be honest I'm a bit of a homebody and money isn't too much of an issue for this trip (although we're hardly rich).

2. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    When you go to Disney Land, make sure you also get a ticket for California Adventures as its in the same area. Its just the other side of Disney Land and its more roller coasters and whatnot. Love it! If you need more roller coaster action, you can always check out Magic Mountain.

3. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    When I go down to LA its usually for Disneyland, you might wanna check out Universal Studios for a day, go down Hollywood Blvd and see the walk of fame.

4. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Definitely check out Magic Mountain it's not to far from hollywood

5. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Learn where the hoods are and avoid them...

6. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    Where are you staying in Arizona? Are you staying in Phoenix? I can give you some places to check out while you stay here. If you are staying in Phoenix and wanting to try out the Heart Attack Grill why not go to Pizzeria Bianco's in downtown Phoenix! It was rated the best pizza in the USA over Chicago and New York City. But if you do go you have go early because the wait time can be up to 5 hours to get a table. Pizzeria Bianco's is a small little building that sits in Heritage Square where all the Phoenix Government buildings are and across the street from Bianco's is this old house called "The Teeter House" which is pretty neat to look at and thats about it. Otherwise there's not much to do in Downtown Phoenix besides check out all hot girls that go to ASU(Arizona State University) because the part of the ASU campus is in downtown.

If you like art & crafts you can visit Old Town Scottsdale in the north east of Phoenix. Old Town Scottsdale lined up with about 100 art galleries that are filled with beautiful paintings, sculptures and various of other things and most of these galleries are like an old style western buildings that you see in cowboy movies when the sheriffs rides into town. Just a bit aways from that is Scottsdale Fashion Square mall. Its a HUGE mall with 3 stories which a lot of shopping can be done! Its a bit expensive though since Scottsdale is the nicer part of Phoenix. People have a lot of $$$ there.

You can also check out the Botanical Gardens which has one of the world’s finest collections of desert plants. I know it doesn't seem interesting to see plants but that place is B E A-uuuu-tiful! But if you decide to pay a visit the gardens is located at Papago Park in Central Phoenix. We also have Camelback mountain, Piestewa Peak, White Tank Mountains, and the Superstition Mountains.

If you are into hiking you we have many trails here and many mountains to hike. :wanker: The closest trail I live by is South Mountain Park Preserve which is considered the largest municipal park in the country. Just miles and miles of trails to hike, horseback riding, mountain bike, and great views of the city.

Sedona is beautiful! Especially the Sedona Red Rocks! I love going up north to get away from the blistering heat in the summer time! :wanker: I don't know much about Flagstaff only know about NAU(Northern Arizona University) is there, but you can see the beautiful San Francisco Peaks while you are there. I hope you enjoy your stay in The Grand Canyon State! :banana:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011