1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Depth latency test ryzen latency(help)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by x58haze, Aug 6, 2018.

1. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Was wondering if someone else here has doing before a In Depth Latency Test, with the Resplendence software company? such Latency Moon and IDLT?

I'm using latest bios and chipset drivers for my mobo ab350 fatality k4 gaming bios 5.00
    Using default bios settings

And i'm getting high US around all my cpus, a staff member from Resplendence told me that, my pc system seems not to have issues processing real time data

This was his response:
    The values reported by the IDLT test are a bit high, 100us or more. You may be able to get better results if a bios or chipset update is available for your system.

The interrupt to process latency measured by LatencyMon is high but you may be able to solve that by closing down unnecessary processes and services or by adding more RAM.

Wanted to know or listen more opinions in this community, to see if there something that can i do? to improve my system performance like reducing cpu latencies, interrupt etc...

Some mates said that my motherboard may be defective? or even my PSU... but i tested my psu with a multimeter and all of their 3.3 5v and 12 are perfect.

Here are some pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also my task manager seems to have like CPU jittering, i already tried many antivirus checkers, and tools such process-explorer, and Record media tool to see if have spikes but i'm not that geek
    also when i play games i open Riva tuner, to check Frame-time frames per second and lines are good , but the thing is i'm start to realize that maybe the cpu is the cause like interrupts causing poor performance? laggy, input lag etc?
    [​IMG]

2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    That CPU usage graph is normal, it's never even or linear.

Bear in mind Windows 7 doesn't officially support Ryzen CPUs. Could be related.

Make sure you have the minimum amount of background programs and processes running as suggested.

3. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    I'm using windows 10, but with the Task Manager modify by Winaero.

4. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    So far there is not way to reduce CPU latencys spiking over 100 us?

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    If the bios has a setting named something similar to Performance Bias, set that to CB15. That gave me a little bit more performance. Lowered RAM latency as well.

6. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Hey man glad to see here your comment cause if i remember you have an ASUS maximus motherboard or something like that with a ryzen cpu, i was wondering if you finally manage to achieve a good stability and good performance on your rams oc 3400? and what about your whole pc performance, doing well? i really appreciate your effort on trying to get the best off your pc.

Yesterday i tried to use the Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.3.1 provided by @1usmus and Woah lemme tell you the improve are amazing, it seems that my rams Patriot Viper 2x4 *8 gigs* were made to be use on Intel platforms even if my motherboard manufacturer has a QVL on it. it seems that with that calculator even on default or stock timings are like not correct... so with the calculator i manage to try 3200 without issues and everything is so snappy

With the sole exception that, I cannot configurated properly the Cad-Bus. cause if configured like that, my pc wont post to Bios, had to leave on Auto, then i checked that all cad was configured to 24-24-24-24

Cause i have like another four set of options to my Cad latency which are not showed in the 1usmus calculator.
    Ryzen DRAM Calculator 1.31. by 1usmus
    [​IMG]
    Ryzen Timing Checker 1.04
    [​IMG]

This was the option that i was reffering in the cad , sadly i have a b350 mid range motherboard :(
    [​IMG]

But to be honest i dont know but it seems that for my motherboard its is better to use AMD-Ryzen Master tool, to overclock CPU, cause it brings an option which seems not to be on my bios.. SOC-Voltages. i dont know but when I use profile 1 and up a lil bit the soc voltages pc respond more fast than overclocking cpu via bios... same frequency same volt o_O
    [​IMG]

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    I'm sure there are numerous ways to improve latency but not really an expert on that.

Keep your system up to date and maintenanced (both hardware and software) and number of running processes to a minimum.

x58haze likes this.
  8. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    But yeah the CPU mystery latency still worrying me cause when high IRQL it cause interrupts and them... input lag or visual lags... etc,etc was wondering if someone else here has the same situation by measuring In Depth Latency Test High LVL IRQ

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    I can run the tool to compare once I have time for it (running a Ryzen build).

I've ran LatencyMon in the past a few times just for the heck of it and never had any issues found.

Ofc check for possible IRQ conflicts in Device Manager -> Show resources by type.

All PCI devices should use a different IRQ (number in brackets) preferably.

x58haze likes this.
  10. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Thanks for your tips buddy, I always like to be a frankstein in pc, having everything tunned or manually good

But can you try the extra tool that came with latency moon, which is the In Depth Latency Test IDL.EXE? without configuring anything, just run the program like i did? to see what are your US in cpu. thanks

11. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080i SC2
  12. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Well i did it on the pass, but without testing on In depth test latency, and i barely gets like 5% extra performance dunno if was a placebo or not but the IRQ at latency moon regular improve and reduced the IRQ sharing on drivers, idk if that may help with the CPU interrupts latency.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Sure, I'll try and report, probably by weekend.

x58haze likes this.
  14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Didn't get to running LatencyMon yet, had a chance to spend a few hours on my PC during the weekend but got immersed in Monster Hunter World...

I'll update this post with the results as soon as possible.

EDIT: here:

LatencyMon:
    [​IMG]

In-depth LatencyMon:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
    x58haze likes this.
  15. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Yay thanks for your cooperation, wow it seems that you have high Cpu too, is that a Ryzen 5 1600? :O?
    What ryzen system build are you running? your pc specs?
    Also please remember to exit any game or stop background apps, and just let the test run 30 seconds to see how scale

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    R5 1600, see profile page for detailed specs.

Nothing was running in the background during testing (except normal Windows processes).

I wouldn't look into that CPU latency too much, in your case it was the highest measured interrupt to process latency that was the worst.
    Even that could be some "glitch", you can see average values from the "Stats" page once you stop the test.
    Run LatencyMon multiple times in a row and see if you consistently get that high peak.

Apart from that your latency values look fine to me. But like said I'm not an expert really.

x58haze likes this.
  17. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Also this is interesting cause a kind user like you but in the AMD forum John has a Threadripper 1950X and he has the lowest latency IRQL ever, probably cause new ryzen generation are more optimized? or it is cause his using a ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Pro Gaming?

this are his specs:
    ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Pro Gaming, Threadripper 1950X, 2xSamsung SSD 960 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD

960 EVO on ASRock Ultra Quad, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL [Flare X (for AMD)] F4-

3200C14Q-32GFX, Windows 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler,

Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.0 -- no OC.

And his latency moon/ in depth test latency runs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also he told me that he has no dedicate sound card, but his motherboard seems to have a good NIC intel network card, that are way better than realtek

So I was wondering if you Asiju buddy, do you ran a dedicate sound card or network card interface?
    I saw that people on Guru3d recommends dedicate sound card to avoid cpu interrupts, probably that may help with the Cpu high interrupts, latencies? and make games more smooth?

But it seems that you have a SBX AE-5 + Z906, and you still having high CPU latencies like me, so this maybe then than motherboards x399 are more optimized? or probably our ryzen first generation are not that great?

By the Asiju are your gaming experience smooth, good? thanks for your time.

18. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Also a very sweet girl from the development team of Serius Sam , she recommended me to buy a network card from intel, and a Sound Blaster Z dedicate sound card, to reduce cpu interrupts, but gosh the sound cards are very expensive like 100$

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Threadripper 1900 series is first gen Ryzen too ;)

Those latency numbers are impressive for sure though, would be nice to know what tweaks he has applied.
    Dropping latency from triple to single digits will surely make some difference.

That said my gaming and overall experience is smooth and lag / hitch free. No input lag either (unless a game uses badly implemented vsync or similar).

Yeah, dedicated sound card but onboard network controller (Intel 1 Gbps something).

Actually not the first time I hear adding a dedicated network card might help but I assume even if it does, there was some IRQ conflict to begin with (multiple onboard devices using same resources etc).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2018
  20. x58haze

x58haze Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Oh didn't know that was first gen too, but you can read here my thread in amd, and ask him, hes very supportive like u
    You can check what his wrote, he said that he runs everything default.
    https://community.amd.com/message/2873545

AsiJu likes this.