In Cyberpunk 2077, the GeForce RTX 4090 runs at up to 2850 MHz at stock inside 50C temperatures

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Wow. Those temps are really impressive actually consider the clock and power. Steady 60fps do you think?

3. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    This is the only chart that mattered to me. No 60 FPS RTRT @ 4K without DLSS or upscaling.

Not buying anything until that GPU performance target has been hit.

Thanks, moving onto other things.

4. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    When rtx5000 is out, there will be another demanding game that will do 30 fps. So?
    You can't judge the usefulness of a card evaluating a software with arbitrary necessity to render graphics.
    Unless all you do is cyberpunk h24, but you would get tired fast and then move to something else.

5. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    The temperatures are impressive indeed. My 3090 temps range from 65c to 75c. There's been a few times I've seen 80c. Granted mine is overclocked. Stock temps normally between 58c to 65c depending on the game.

To be honest Gurus it looks like I'm rolling with the 4090. There is so much information being released now and most of it is positive in regard to performance and tech.

I may kick myself in November when AMD delivers an awesome card but hey, I will still be very happy. :)

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Despite all the memes this is why big GPU coolers are good. Silent and runs cool. I'm not missing these 2slot GPUs from 5 years ago that ran 84C with fans screaming at 90% speed.

mkh likes this.
  7. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Seems too good to be true.

And I find curious that they testing such an high card at only 1440p instead of 4k...

bobnewels likes this.
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You cannot generalize it like that as it depends on the game. Sure, if you wait a generation maybe next one will hit a steady 60fps in Cyberpunk but what about other games that will look even better and be even more demanding?

That's some nice temps. Sure, one can never correctly compare as ambient temps, chassis, chassis fans and GPU fan speeds matter a lot but my 3080 runs at 60-65C undervolted at up to 60% speed which is silent enough for me.

Agreed, it looks a bit too good. And you're right - why not test at 4K? This card is definitely supposed to be a true 4K card.

9. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    For me I only play certain games and I play it for a long time. So using CP2077 as a benchmark, it tells me the RAW performance at 4K RTRT.

I can. It's my money and how I want to spend it. Again, where are the 4K benchmarks like you quoted? It's comparing Flagship class and price GPUs at 1440p!

Come one...

At least be honest that in RAW 4K performance with RTRT, they only progress 20% so we consumers can choose to drop down resolution, use blurry upscaling rendered at 1080p or skip it.

There is ALREADY enough RASTER performance in the market with AMD 6x00 series and RTX 3x00/2080 series.

The next LEAP is really when will get really good RTRT performance.

It's not the end of the world so why let us know facts and choose?

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Well in that case, wait for the next generation.

That's pretty far from 55-57C and 2800MHz boost :D

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  12. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Waiting for HH and the gang.

Maddness likes this.
  13. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Why do I feel like I am at a Nvidia magic show, and they are using illusions instead of true electronic advancement? [​IMG] Just pay your $2000.

14. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I think @TheDigitalJedi numbers are from his own rig with a 3090 - NOT a 4090.

15. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    50-57ºc while using 460W is impressive.
    The 4090 does have one gigantic cooler, but still.
    I hope this is not just nvidia massaging the numbers, again.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If true, then honestly no one has anything to worry about in regards to case temps either, as lots of 57c air wont be nearly as bad as getting scorching hot 80c air to the rest of the components.

But even if they aren't true, i think i will be ok - even with my 3090 strix running full tilt at 480 watts, all temps are looking very decent - cpu maxing out at 59c, mobo 45c etc.

[​IMG]

So with a 4090 strix running at potentially 100 watts more... maybe things would get 5c hotter, but i don't think it will make too much of a difference.

17. eGGroLLiO

eGGroLLiO Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080ti FTW3
    Touting the lower temperatures definitely tells me something about this series.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Well when you consider how gargantuan the heatsink is, it better cool below 60C. It's honestly a little irritating because that means they could have made it one slot thinner. Granted, different workloads cause different amounts of heat, and CB2077 isn't exactly well-optimized; I wouldn't be surprised if there's a bottleneck somewhere. But for argument's sake, let's say even Furmark doesn't exceed 70C - why do we need such a huge heatsink? If it's for the sake of noise, just use an AIO cooler. At least then it would make the price more understandable.

Or in another perspective, just lower some settings a notch. Of course in 4K you're kinda limited by what you can lower without it becoming obvious, but AA is something that doesn't need to be totally maxed out, yet doing so can put a big dent in performance. Personally, I don't even like 8x or especially 16x AA, since it sometimes just looks blurry. As far as I understand (but maybe I'm wrong; I never tried it myself), AA is effectively useless if you use supersampling.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    ...oh :oops:
    I thought it was leaked numbers. My bad!

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Love all the hating from people who were never gonna buy a 4090 regardless...

And you are incorrect about using anti aliasing and downsampling/supersampling in conjunction - it works great. Skyrim with 4x sgsaa + 4x msaa looks amazingly clean. Though your AA comment is entirely off the mark, as this game uses TAA, which is either on or off.