Impulse buy, What was it & what did you do with it.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by rotzilla, Sep 21, 2010.

1. rotzilla

rotzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac geforce 9400gt
    Man I just did a doozie, 2011 Ranger RZR, $13,000 with accessories. Purchased because tv ads says it's trail worthy, no wider than a regular atv.

I was tired of finding someone with a atv to go with me hunting, Its a 15 mile trip on a class 5 rated trail (the worse), and a real pain in the ass to ride someone double. So I thought why not buy a side by side, should make things alot easier. RIGHT (sarcasam). Ten minutes up the trail and it slipped over the edge high centering us in the dark on the side of a mountain, if it would have went over it would have been a total loss. 1 hour later we had it back on the trail, made it to the top, shot dear and returned to truck.

Abeit it made it, but I will never take it back up their again, both rocker panels and skid plate are completley ruined, roll bar is all scratched up, bent fender mounts, and broken bed extender are most of what I have to replace.

I was going to take it back, put it on consignment, but the wife thinks its cute. So now I have what amounts to a car that can't be driven on the street, that I don't ever want to go hunting in again. Guess it can sit in the garage and take up space.:wanker:

2. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    nice buy dude

3. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Put a winch on it, or buy a hand crank winch.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Wow, that was an impulse!
    Nothing to really compare but I bought a brand new motorcycle on credit when I was young, just before I became a student.
    I couldnt afford the payments and started to default and then it was stolen from me.
    Good job it was covered by insurance!!
    Fantastic fun bike though (FZR 600).

5. rotzilla

rotzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac geforce 9400gt
    Luckily I had a comealong with me, that's the only thing that kept it from finding the bottom of the cliff. Electric winch is part of accessories ordered, but not yet installed.

6. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    My last impulse buy was a BFG 5500FX

:mad:

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    my last impulse was a xbox360 which is now collecting dust.

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    My last impulse buy was far smaller than everyone else's here, simply a PS3 game. A friend told me about how badass Demon's Souls is so I immediately went and bought it... and I hate it, lol. It's collecting dust, it's far too insane, its vibe isn't my style (I don't like the dull 'you're the only person in the universe' feel) and I can't stand crappy graphics, which consoles excel at.

9. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Not an impulse buy, per se,but I drove about 4 hours for waffles.
    it was late a few fridays ago, and I had a craving for two things-waffles, and a sunrise in the mountains.
    Everyone was off the next day, so we just went 280 miles for the hell of it.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Eh, this can be a purchase in anything...

Alright, so Vindictus, I wanted my Twin Red Linked Swords, found em @ 100k, now, I knew it was a beta, and prices change alot, like Cloth was 8000, now 1000 or less, yet still, I found myself wanting it so damn bad cause they matched my armor.

So I spent the 100k, played a battle or two, went to sleeep, wake up, and they're like half that price.

I am a really bad buyer like this, I kept telling myself "Wait til tomorrow", and I told myself "NO, it's COOL!"

Imagine the day I hit the lotto guys? Oh man, it's going to be so bad. I'll probably buy outrageously priced Hardware, just for the sake of having the "very best", even if it's by 0.01%

11. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    My specs to the left. Impulse, every one of them.

12. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I live on impulse buying. Up until about 5 years ago I had been painstakingly careful with money. My entire life. I had so much money saved up. Then a major event happened in my life and from one day to the next I thought, f*** it, I'm gonna spend it. Now I buy so much stuff on impulse it's not funny.

13. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Steam sales.

'Nuff said.

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    That's not fair, Steam sales are kinda like drugs...addicting to the point of being dangerous...not really an impulse buy, just a "YOU'D BE F**KING STUPID NOT TOO!"

Especially when they had the Orange Box for 10$ like almost two years ago,

Or when they had L4D for 7$(if you didn't already own it)

Steam is kinda like "Oh hai, we're going to give super duper deals, but remain rational"

I THINK NOT!

15. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    I can't count the number of times Steam has made me impulse buy.

:bang:

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    I bought Xbox live subscription for a year for 29.99 a couple of days ago. hmmm.,....

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Best impulse buy ever was my Sennheiser HD650 and later on a €450 headphone amplifier... never regretted it, it just sounds... to awesome :D

18. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    I've got an impulse-buy story!

When I turned 20, I impulse-bought a 1974 Stingray. $7500 as-is, working everything, straight body, never wrecked but non-numbers matching.
    I immediately threw an ARP rod bolt, so I impulse bought everything to make a small-journal 327 that I already owned as wicked as it could be.
    ...$10,000 later and my beast was back on the road. Well, mostly - it's completely illegal to drive on the streets, so the quarter is the only asphalt it gets to see.

(yep - I said $10K. I put TEN THOUSAND into a block and heads I already had. Just to summarize, Chet Herbert custom ground my cam at .645 intake and exhaust on 310* rotation, JRE custom made my pistons at 13.5:1 pop-up w/ floating wrist pins, and the list goes on and on like that)

....impulse buying gets my ass in a sling every time!! But at least it's fast and beats up all the Camaros and Mustangs in town! ;)

Psychlone

19. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Haha same here.

Oh no there is worse, I got a 7800 GS+ AGP card and ended up upgrading to PCI Express only 3 months later. What a waste.

20. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    My biggest impulse buy was my 2004 Mustang GT, it was $32,000 brand new. But I buy almost everything on impulse. In fact I could save 10-20% ordering things online if I had more patience. My most recent impulse buy was a 52" 3D Plasma TV, 3D DVD player and a new PS3 for my living room - in total it was around $3,000. Totally unneeded but I do love it. :D