Immortals of Aveum

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by OnnA, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Aluminium Can

Aluminium Can Master Guru

GPU:
    7900 xt
  2. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Update #1 Notes
    General Fixes

• Fixed broken water visual effects, including reflections and visuals while standing and firing in the water

• Safeguarded against crashes and progression blockers

• Fixed an issue with the interact point on Selko

• Fixed an issue where players couldn’t reach Alacrity Fane

• Performance improvements, including areas where in-world Corruption is present
    PC-Specific

• Improved the shader compilation screen
    PlayStation 5 & Xbox Series X|S

• Added a Gamma Correction slider in Settings under the Display tab
      • This will help players experiencing scenes that are too dark or bright

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  3. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    You can btw. use Fortnite StreamLine DLLs to fix the HUD ghosting with DLSS 3 FG:
    https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=eGpAcEnr

It's really weird that they fix it, as they are same version as Ratchet & Clank's (which don't fix it), but a few hours newer signature time. Looks like the Nvidia DLL release chaos known from DLSS 2 continues with StreamLine...

Cave Waverider likes this.
  4. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    Current gen consoles running it at 720p upscaled by FSR2 to 4K, even lower on series S at 436p

CPC_RedDawn likes this.

5. Sylencer

Sylencer Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    So why exactly did a company bother to develop this? Might as well been better working on different games or go flipping fries instead of creating this.

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    A trash game.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I do have to question whether it is really necessary to use Lumen in a game that doesn't feature a real-time night/day cycle.

Surely, static lighting would have worked just as well here? The PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles are clearly struggling with this game as even at 720p they cannot hold a locked 60 fps. What is the point in pushing supposedly ground-breaking tech if the hardware can't handle it? It's not even like this game is ambitious in terms of game design; it's pretty much an old-school shooter like DOOM or Quake in terms of level design, possibly even more linear. There are paths, short ones, to hidden secret chests, but the route through the levels is otherwise linear.

While I applaud tech like Nanite for promising to address one of my personal dislikes with games: LOD pop in, I don't think this game looks much better than other high-end Unreal Engine 4 games such as The Callisto Protocol. I mean it is impossible to know for sure because there is no Unreal Engine 4 version but other than minimal pop in, which can be massively reduced on UE4 with Engine.INI tweaks anyway, I am not seeing anything here that is truly next-gen visually. We still have screen space reflections that clip and disappear when objects and scenery are off-screen and there's no ray-tracing as far as I am aware, Not saying that the game doesn't look nice, at least on PC, but it is not really a showcase for UE5 in my opinion. If anything it highlights its weaknesses in pushing the new Lumen and Nanite tech. And if UE5 is struggling in a linear corridor-based game like this then how is it going to fare with open-world design, especially on consoles? Are we going to see PS5 and Xbox Series X games drop down to upscaled 480p rendering like on the Xbox Series S?

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    720p and 460p on consoles.... scaled to 4k? what joke the picture quality is but hey it is 60 fps on consoles. i didnt know we back to 2000's when 720p was still thing. if this future they can have it.
    I got flashback from playing Nioh and Nioh 2 on ps4 in peformance mode which ran 720p to 1080p on ps4, but even that was horrendous to look at.

It not that consoles power are bad it that they keep trying to push thing the consoles simply arnt capable of. they can do true 4k most game are FSR and DSR to boot. I honestly thing DSR and FSR and DLSS has done more harm then good but literately a crutch.

9. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Me playing Crysis game in 2009 wirth some physz crap,man how good are games now lol.Sorry I cant speil

Setting off some nukes in 2007

Undying and pedropaulo like this.
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    [​IMG]

11. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    On Series S is lower than potato mode. I think I saw PS2 games with better graphics than that.

12. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Gameplay is actually nice, magic FPS shooter, but the performance is total crap!

Is it UE5 or poorly optimized game and UE5?

Conan The Barbarian likes this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    all of the above? I think dev trying to push stuff that systems simply are capable of it part of the problem. I think some ps3 game look better then this MGS4 ran similar res but look better but i guess that is argueable only if you ignore the insane artifact going on cause FSR and DSR are used in most case on consoles these days

Conan The Barbarian likes this.
  14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
  15. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I watched some...
    And, between the dialog, characters... how the "magic" is done... it reminds me of a MCU film.

And not in a good way.
    All style, little substance. Like a budget Doctor Strange.

And, just makes me think back to Ghostwire Tokyo. This game's magic is "shoot colored energy from your hands... but, the animation is a bit stiff, uninspired and you have this clunky, obnoxious looking thing on your arm"
    And Ghostwire... shoot colored magic from your hands, but the animations were incredibly detailed and smooth, didn't block your sight..

SpajdrEX likes this.

16. Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I'll eventually get this when its free on the Epic store. UE5 will obviously improve over time, but for now it still needs a lot of TLC.

17. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Just
    Stop

This is not the forum for your fear of diversity.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Indeed.

Undying likes this.
  20. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Alternatively, you can use the 1.0.7.0 frame generation dll from Witcher 3 and keep the original Streamline files.