Immortals of Aveum

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by OnnA, Apr 13, 2023.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    So there is a 2.8GB patch downloading on the game,will be playing in a couple seconds.
    Gotta love unreal engine.
    RTX 4090
    Screenshot 2023-08-22 000356.png

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    runs almost solid with DLSS 3, there's a 30fps without it using DLSS 2 Q

best looking UE5 game so far

3. Aluminium Can

Aluminium Can Master Guru

GPU:
    7900 xt
    Visuals are "sometimes Garish".

Not worth my time IMO.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

These settings at the bottom are probably shitting on my 13900k, you can see the benchmark score at the top for CPU/GPU, 4090 is easily handling the game but 13900k isn't?

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Frame Generation has bad ghosting on cursor, vegetation and the usual Unreal Engine stutter. I am playing with everything maxed and Frame Generation off,DLSS Quality and runs fine 13700KF/RTX4090.

Immortals of Aveum   13700kf.png

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    Undying likes this.
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well I read the reviews but they're very diversive from IGN's 8/10 to Eurogamer's 2/5 so in the end I decided to buy it based on (a) an interest in the genre - magic is fun, right - and (b) that it is a full-feature Unreal Engine 5 game, an engine capable of delivering true "next-gen" visuals which is the reason I upgraded my PC last December and bought an uber-expensive RTX 4080 back in January.

The game loads up to an attractive and gloriously colourful title screen, I pressed X on my DualSense controller only to find that it wasn't working with this game so I switch to my Xbox Elite 2 controller instead and pressed A. Finally, the game let me access the menu where I was able to look at the somewhat confusing but extensive graphics options. The game detected 1080 for my GPU with the options set to 810 and 277 for my CPU with the options set to 250 or thereabouts, defaulting to a mix of mostly Ultra and High settings but with some oddities such as anisotropic filtering set to Off (what?!?!?!) and shadows set to Low. Setting AF to 2X increased exceeded the CPU budget which the game does not recommend so basically this is a cutting-edge triple-A game in 2023 that only allows the user to have anisotropic filtering if they have an Intel i7-13700 or higher equivalent. That is just absurd as AF is generally a very low overhead setting that I max to 16X in every other game so what makes UE5's version so... well... expensive? Furthermore, setting to shadows to High fixes the ugly flickering self-shadowing in the game on the Low setting and only increases the GPU figure slightly.to 840 so I went through and set as many others as possible to Ultra to try and max out the GPU. The Graphics settings menu is, overall, not that great as it does not show you in real-time how the changes affect the graphics and some of the settings don't even explain what they do. This could definitely do with some improvement as well as showing VRAM and system memory usage which are ignored here.

The game also default to DLSS3 Quality with frame generation enabled (at 1440p) and during the opening tutorial was running at 150-158 'fake' FPS but with some horrid ghosting artifacts around foliage and noticeable on buildings. This needs to be fixed because it is quite distracting. The cutscenes look very good, overall visual quality is decent but not massively superior to other UE4 games in my opinions and during the linear walkthrough of the tutorial section it becomes clear that far less effort has been lavished on the NPCs who are static and dead-eyed. Sure, you're not meant to look that closely but I thought Nanite would allow for close scrunity of these without sacrificing the framerate but it seems to be like every other game in that regard. Slightly disappointing. The game runs okay but there is noticeable hitching now and then, usually just before a cutscene, but there's no pop in and texture detail looks good (no slow loading textures either). The game does have an initial shader compile during loading, again, a bit of a disappointment as I thought UE5 would have some way of hiding this or making it less obvious.

Only played 30 minutes to get a sneak look at the visuals and settings as I have work this morning, unfortunately. Curious to find out how the game runs during more intensive combat.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  7. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  8. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DLSS 3 got bad ghosting even at 8k

9. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    so it also eats vram for breakfast?

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  10. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    Call of RGB

11. BoomSlang001

BoomSlang001 Member

GPU:
    4090 FE
    I laughed out loud last night after booting it up and having every setting set to low or disabled entirely (3080 FE, 5600x, nvme, 32GB 3200CL14, UW 1440p), and then seeing anisotropic filtering marked as one of the costliest settings in the game. It's been the least taxing setting for a decade or more on PC, so this just stinks of incompetency even with its delays. It ran so poorly in the opening 30 minutes with only one ability in use on DLSS Balanced, that I can't imagine how trash it will be once fully engaged in gameplay. Jedi Survivor has been somewhat worth the struggle to get it to run, but this game just isn't worth the time.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think AF is demanding in this game because of nanite but I am no expert so I might be completely wrong there.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  13. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    You might be right.
    While playing and medsibg around with Remnant 2, I also found that AF16X cause a significant performance drop over 8X. Which usually doesn't happen.
    Weirder still, is that messing with mipmap bias, also dropped performance, by a good margin. Again, something that usually does not happen.
    And it was not because of vram, as there was still 4GB left on my GPU.

14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Good luck laying this game without DLSS

15. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    What a trainwreck this is. Fully expected, but still funny to see it unfold in real time.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    You mean playing becouse you still cant be laying with AI. :D

17. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    gottem

CPC_RedDawn and Undying like this.
  18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    The future of PC gaming?

Every single AAA game released in the last 2 years has been a joke. Stutter fests due to UE4/5, requires upscaling, frame generation causes ghosting and latency, ray tracing tanking performance even on 4090s, games look good but lack soul.

I can't think of a new AAA game on PC that hasn't been full of performance issues.

Then you have indie devs or AA devs releasing absolute bangers. The AAA scene is a total mess, but hey at least we have Bethesda to come and save us with Starfield.................... Oh wait, its Bethesda...

It comes to a point where the best game released this year for me is Turbo Overkill. A game made by a handful of people, that looks like a game from 2001. Time to check back in with the back catalogue of games cause the new stuff is trash.

JAMVA likes this.
  19. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    RTX 4090 and I have to play with AMD FSR who knew that would happen.
    DLSS 3 Frame Generation and DLSS 2 is broke in the game.The DLSS ghosting is the worst I ever seen in a PC Game. The UE5 stuttering/hitching is real with some weird crap happening throughout the game..
    I got 5 hours played not impressed,so it has to get better maybe another 5 hours to see what changes.

My favorite stuff in the game
    Immortals of Aveum   2023-08-22 2_33_06 PM.jpg

20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Shadow issue probably is Nvidia driver issue. Also seen it on a 4090, especially during the intro. It's not there with 6700 XT.

bobnewels likes this.