Immortals of Aveum

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by OnnA, Apr 13, 2023.

1. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I wish it was but it's clear that games like this using UE5 will need a 4090 to run max settings at 4k with dlss (if aiming for 120+).
    3080 will be ok at 1440p with a mix of medium and high.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    A freakin 13900ks, man :D

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    These requirements are justified only if this game is the ''new Crysis'' which is not, far from it..

4. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    It's the new Crysis Remastered :D

[​IMG]

5. Lbuipo

Lbuipo Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX merc319 7800xt
    Well from the looks, I bet I it's going to be another "great" release like Forspoken.
    88ef525a4d146853e15c0727a41b2e5e.jpg

6. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    The magic lightning effects remind me of the infamous games and the whip from bulletstorm

The gameplay video doesn't state if its running on pc or console but the bit with the howler looks very low resolution

The devs have advised on balancing out graphics settings and some tips for it which are good for those who are not familar with optimising graphics settings

https://ascendantstudios.com/2023/08/17/pc-settings-performance-budget-tool-overview/

7. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Awesome I played Forspoken for 90+ hours.Now that is PC gaming quality 90+ Hours of PC gaming fun for me,I will take that any day for my entertainment needs.

I will say UE5 requirements is a trainwreck for performance on normal PC Gear even on the Demos UE5 could put RTX 4090 to 10FPS on max settings.
    UE games always stuttering/hitching mess.

Darren Hodgson and Lbuipo like this.
  8. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  9. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    Holy

immortals of Aveum requires an NVIDIA RTX2080 Super WITH DLSS for Low-Medium Settings

[​IMG]

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I am extremely interested in this game but I'll admit it is mostly because it is using UE5 and looks astonishing good visually. What worries me if this will end up feeling as generic and boring as Forspoken or
    That is an ill-thought out graphics menu since it tells you how it affects the CPU and GPU but it doesn't show you the real-time affect of changing the settings. There is a lot of wasted space in that menu; they could have had it occupy the right half of the screen leaving the left to show the game's graphics.

I'm intrigued by this game because it will be the first fully featured UE5 game and it does look amazing visually in the footage I've seen. The gameplay doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as the graphics though and reminds of Ryse: Son of Rome or God meets Godfall, both games that were only really notable for their visuals and had disappointing gameplay. Is this another game where all the effort went more into how it looks rather than how it plays?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You could well be right. I mean even the title 'Immortals of Aveum' is pretty forgettable. I mean I had to look up the name of 'Godfall' because the UE4 graphics were about the only thing I could remember about the game and the title of this game makes me thing this will go the same way.

I hope I am completely wrong and the game is amazing because this is a single player game, which is the sort I only player, so I want to show my support for the game but only if it is good. I just hope that in being a showcase game for UE5's visuals that that isn't the only thing it has to offer...

12. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Deluxe edition in Canada is $90+ bucks for the game,time to resub EA pro for a year for almost the same price and finish off Dead Space remake I stopped playing a month ago.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Definitely a game to wait for the reviews of before considering buying it.

I would advise people do not pre-order this: it's a new IP with extremely high system requirements running on Unreal Engine so the potential for it to be a complete disaster in terms of gameplay and performance at launch is very high with this game. It is also being released by EA, who have a very poor track record of post-game support unless the game is called FIFIA or The Sims... just look at Dead Space Remake and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, both single player games (like this one) that barely received any post-release patches and still have serious performance issues on PC (and consoles for that matter).

14. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Holly crap, this looks really bad.

Aluminium Can likes this.
  15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    Can you play in 3rd person view?

16. Aluminium Can

Aluminium Can Master Guru

GPU:
    7900 xt
    You can always tell when a game will be trash, it had a trailer that don't focus on anything, tell sus nothing and shows a gameplay loop of how the entire game is.

LOL

BoomSlang001 and Horus-Anhur like this.
  17. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    LOL I just re-watched the trailer again,it is full of low resolution textures,no shadows that I notice from light sources on characters but I do not mind after reupping EA PRO for year ,at least you pay a cheap price for a few new games released saving $100's of dollars.
    I still think I will enjoy playing this game because it has the stupid repeatable stuff I like.

Slave2Games likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Devil RX 6900 XTU
    Apparently it will run 60fps on consoles with fsr2 i assume not at low settings.

Is the ps5 really more powerful than a rtx2080 or optimization for the pc again is lacking lol

19. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    Game tries to impress and distract with visual effect vomit on screen, but yes, if you look closer underneath those effects, graphics tech look very basic and last gen. SSR artifacts in reflections, interior lighting looks abysmal, almost nothing casts any shadows, no physics interactions at all. I hope DF doesn't hype up this game just because it has UE5 or try to justify system requirements. I think the opposite should happen, this game should get criticized for wasting UE5's potential and achieving nothing special with this engine.

Lbuipo, bobnewels and -Tj- like this.
  20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hope this turns out to be decent but will absolutely not be pre-ordering or buying it until I have read plenty of reviews.

My biggest issue, besides whether the game will actually be crap, is the rather jerky motion during combat which makes me wonder if this will end making me feel nauseous playing it. It just doesn't look like, what I would call, 'smooth' at all. It could just be the YouTube videos that make it look bad in motion though...