Immortals of Aveum

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by OnnA, Apr 13, 2023.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    If you don't want to interact with me that's fine, have a nice day.

2. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    A lot of theories floating around but you are overthinking this whole thing. Game is kind of a stinker and so it didn't sell well. Simple as that. The only difference is now games cost a lot more to make, so when one fails it's more painful to stakeholders.

3. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Sorry, I think I was a bit cranky last night ;).

-Tj- likes this.
  4. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    they need paid me to play this trash game

Lbuipo likes this.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    How do you know it's trash if you haven't played it?

GoldenTiger likes this.
  6. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    There is a demo.
    And it's complete trash.

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    And there is people with narrow minds that take the short demo with many gameplay mechanics locked as welcome affirmation for their prejudices. Maybe posts like yours are complete trash too?

Serotonin likes this.
  8. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    just looking at some gameplay in youtube look complete trash

9. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    The gameplay is honestly the least offensive part of this, feels good, similar to AMID EVIL.

10. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    The Metacritic score for this game's PC version sits at 66. That's pretty dreadful. There are many games where you could argue their quality, and argue people's prejudices, but maybe this isn't the hill to die on. If someone liked the game, good for them, but when there are dozens of games releasing every two months that review far better, I think it's fair to skip the ones that don't meet that level of quality.

Glottiz likes this.

11. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    It's also pretty meaningless. Recent Steam user reviews are 75% positive. This is in no way comparable to stupid trash like Gollum or Elex 2. If you think it is, you've just lost your sense for scale (or never had it) and are just one more regrettable online troll.

12. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Not understanding this because there's plenty of "big AAA" games with stellar reviews that I find to be copy pasta recycled crap. This was an original title, something different and I appreciated the fact they tried something NEW. In a market full of remakes, remasters and sequels I liked a fresh idea and enjoyed the gameplay. The story wasn't the best, but I'm not sure I've ever paid much attention to a story in an fps, just give me the gameplay. The hate for this game is too much. And it seems to be by people that haven't even actually played it or given it a fair shot.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  13. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    I wasn't comparing the game to anything else. Also, I don't appreciate your language.

Like I said, if someone likes the game, good for them; still seems fair to me that others would skip it. I do not consider that hate.

14. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Then don't feel addressed. There have been other posts in this thread that clearly justify this language. Just calling something trash without naming what is bad (the game surely is not ideal) is just expression of mental poverty.

15. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Elex 2 (64/75%) and Immortals of Aveum's (69/72%) Metacritic and Steam user reviews are comparable to each other. If Elex 2 is "stupid trash", but someone's a troll for calling Aveum (regular?) trash, then maybe you've found common ground here. Maybe. ;-)

Long story short, if the developer post-mortem points every which way but at the game's own quality, that says something about how much the developer misjudged his work. I'm no stranger to playing mediocre games (currently playing Unreal 2), but in a competitive market a mediocre game isn't going likely to perform very well, financially.

16. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Elex has some fan base that's very lenient due to nostalgia.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Game is fun... finished long time ago.
    But HDR was broken back then. Used Reshade.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    It's actually interesting how a score of 66 on a scale of 100 is dreadful. I think the current rating system is pointless if 80 is good, 90 is very good and 100 is great, but anything below 80 is trash. Wouldn't it be better to have a scale of three? 0 is crap, 1 is good, 2 is very good and 3 is great. Or, go back to how things were meaning 50 is in the middle of 100 and therefore OK or Fine = neither positives or negatives tip the scale in any direction, not good but not bad. 100 should be almost unobtainable as no game is perfect, though some are damn close.