I'm sooo F-ing tempted but I can't afford to risk it :)

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Reality|Bites, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
  2. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    damn, thats fast.

i was gonna wait before a cpu upgrade, but im reconsidering now.

targ

3. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X850 XTPE
    damm shame ive already done my upgrade

4. play2lose

play2lose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 X Diamond 7970's
    wait i dont get it....so that chip might be FX-55? If thats what ur thinking i dont think so in details it says caa2c stepping......just has stepping of an FX is my guess....but im not exactly sure what ur talking about

5. Reality|Bites

GPU:
    They look to be good overclockers, Same as the Mobile Athlon Xp 2500+ chips were :)

6. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640 MB 600/1000
  7. BodyBag

BodyBag Master Guru

GPU:
    POV465 @ 470
    but I thought Clawhammers had 1mb cache???

8. Reality|Bites

GPU:
    It's still based off the same core as the clawhammer, it just has half the cache disabled, The newcastle and winchester cores only have 512K L2 to begin with.

9. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    well i took the plunge..... i ordered the ADA3500ASBOX now im trying to decide what board to get.... im a big asus fan and dont want to jump ship, but, i dont see any asus n4 boards with AGP.. any suggestions? and does any one know of asus producing an N4 agp board in the near future. im also one who likes nforce boards instead of via

10. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    The NF4 basically just is a NF3 but with PCI-express... it also has SATA-2, but I wouldn't hold your breath on that helping anytime soon. So just get a NF3-Ultra, it is basically the same thing.

11. Reality|Bites

GPU:
    Just get the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum like me :)

Keep us informed on how far you overlclock it ;)

12. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    hey Reality....
    i have actually considered buying the neo 2 p ..but a bad experiance with MSI when they came out, has had me reluctant to do so.

ive been asus ever since, mostly because you cant beat them for stability and a lil bit of oc ability.

convince me..!!!! lol...seriously though, i remember something of some issues when the neo's came out ,but dont remember exactly what they were. and if so, has there been bios or driver updates that has made the neo a solid stable board...

im not married to asus...but shes been good company ;) lol

13. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Ohhhh!!! Almost 3GHz on stock voltage?! Hmm... When r these supposed 2 show up? Article said beginning of April..................

14. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800 oc 400/875
    G L if and when you do buy the 3500 what u gonna do with ur 3000+???

if u have nowhere to put it, maybe u could sell to me.

15. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Fine by me... but dunno when that will be, I'll definately wait until the new core is released at under $200. Yeah, sounds like any day now, but it remains to be seen how long it takes to filter down to the cheaper models. A 3800+ is still $350, more then I want to spend just to get another 500 MHz or so I probably won't really notice anyway, though I am hurting to get more out of my watercooling setup. It stands to reason AMD's first goal is to get rid of .13 micron processors, since they are more expensive to make, so that's the 3800+ and FX-55. So it all depends on how fast they roll out the new core revision...

16. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    More info:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-venice.html

Venice core... looks like they got 2.88 GHz at 1.53v.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-venice_12.html

Strange they didn't try 1.6v they presumbably must have had the ability to with one of the boards they had lying around. 3.0 GHz at 1.6 or 1.65 wouldn't suprise me too much. Though these are 3800+ chips, I don't think previous revisions were stratefied too much by model when it came to max OC speed.

Hmm, looks like AMD did a good job. See gaming performance improvement here:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon64-venice_9.html

Looks like better memory compatability as well. Though Xbit didn't get any SSE3 performance improvements for some reason...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2005
  17. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    well i recieved my ADA3500ASBOX today...

ADA3500DEP4AS CAA2C 0508APMW 1217824B50072.

i wasnt sure if i would get one of the CAA2C chips so i didnt order a board yet till today...orderd a MSI K8neo2 pe ..and they also have an asus A8V deluxe coming also tomorrow that im going to be able to test with ( i have a raptor 36 gig 10,000 im going to run the msi board on...and another 80 gig sata 7200rpm i.ll set the A8v up on to see how the differance is between the VIA and the NVIDIA ). hopefully i have one of the good chips !!!! fingers and toes and legs crossed...opsss never mind the legs part, that's the olady's job to keep her legs crossed lmfao.......

OK Reality Bites...i got the NEO comin... ;)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  18. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    my my my.....im lovin it!!!!!!! i ended up with the A8V deluxe rev 2.
    so far, and i havent pushed it yet, im running it @ 2603.9 1.55 vcore ( fluctuating between 1.49-1.55) @ 45 c load!!!! 32c idle. and the asr 5 isnt even burned in yet....... im going to let it run for another hour at these speeds and then try going a little higher....

im big time satisfied :) :) :)

19. flashnc

flashnc Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770
    lovin it......2.805 @ 11x 255 @ 1.6 v 31 idle... 46-47c load...runnin atitool 3d screen and cpu-z and pc probe, all over the forums here and extreme overclockers, stable so far.

ran 2001se for about one hour ...booting to windows no problem...setting speeds from bios not using clockgen. i cant post an attachement here ( dont know why, been here long enough lol ) but the cpu-z screenshot is over at extremeoverclockers in the thread, last page that the link was posted here.

i think i may even be able to lower the voltage some... :cool:

20. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    you have a newcastle 3200+ @ 2.8ghz with just 1.6vcore?
    is it 8 hour prime stable? cause my 3500+ NC needs 1.75 just for 2.5