Im having 2 big issuesplease help

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TyrantofJustice, Aug 14, 2016.

1. vase

vase Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    sure... just dont do a defrag :) at least not the built-in one

2. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

I would check probably as first PSU ,if its OK or is not on last leg,last time happen to me with Corsair AX760 when I got BSOD during the Project Cars or Assetto Corsa,tried everything at the end borrowed from friend same PSU which he bougt few days back and no BSOD during the gaming

But in yours case OC can be cause of BSOD,I would try lower OC from 4.5GHz to 4.2GHz with same vCore or even try 4.3GHz with same vCore which you are running,but still think i would bump vCore a bit and check yours cache voltage with cache speed,input voltage around 1.85v should be OK for yours needs

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks,Jura

3. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
  4. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    well more exciting news maybe half the issue was my router from my cable company was on its way out ... is that possible?

it finally died and wont connnect at all as of 20 minutes ago they said i need to bring it in for replacement.

5. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Not sure if this would cause those issues,I don't think router can cause BSOD

I remember I've used cheap USB Wifi adapter which has caused on Z97 hang on desktop or if I disconnected or removed this adapter from USB port I got BSOD

Right now have similar issue with one sound card which I borrowed from friend as he have similar issue on his PC,removing from USB port will cause BSOD

In yours case you will see,try to play any game for time being if PC will be stable,if yes then you are found yours cause of BSOD,this searching for BSOD is sometimes pain in arse and sometimes you need just bit of luck :)

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

6. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    no no lol i meant it might have been causing the corupted downloads

7. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Aha,then yes this can cause those corrupted downloads

Thanks,Jura

8. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    well this time i did not get the corrupted error i got a checksum 3 error so i had to delete the whole 53 gigs and start download over on a diff internet connection and hopefully this works if not i give up and will try again when game of the year addition comes out as im tired of trying to download everything separate and i do not mind paying for this game twice

9. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    got w10 anniversary installed? users are reporting freezing which could lead to sudden restart

resetting bios to default would be a great first step though, we can rule out psu since its not doing that while gaming, and also ssd must be fine since you can still boot windows it was your network cable that was broken, the 1080 is probably having some problem related to idle clocks or something, I'd look into that, try removing the card and using igpu for a while, that will confirm it

10. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    thanks esphack and yes i did install the win 10 update come to think of it the restarts did not happen prior to that.... hmmmmmm

11. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070Super
  12. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    thanks pimpernell i may go that way as my last resort

13. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    ok so I set bios back to all defaults reinstalled windows 10 went to do updates and even all the updates came out with errors and are broken wtf? I have no clue whats left to do .

I even checked the hard drives for errors and all came back clean.

so anything and everything I download is corrupted or broken

14. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070Super
    Got a spare hdd or sdd to try out?
    At this point you really need to strip to barebone and just test out each component one by one. I would start with the psu, hdd/ssd,nic and ram.

15. bdub5886

bdub5886 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    Maybe try using LAN and not wireless, check your SSD. Make sure your firewall is not causing a download corruption. Try another network card if you have it. Of course try one thing at a time to narrow down the issue.

16. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    Well thanks for all the suggestions but i guess it was just installation of windows gone bad because after the failed updates they worked the second time and my witcher downloads worked so now i am playing happily with no shut downs as of yet.

going to put my OC back into place maybe a bit lower as suggested and see how it goes.

Thanks for everything guys i really appreciate it

17. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    i was stable at 4.5 for 4 years at 1.185vcore now i can only get stable at 3.4 at 1.2684 v core but thats the only vcore i really tried

18. Spartan

Spartan Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 PCS+
    Do you mean 4.4Ghz? Because your cpu's base frequency is 3.4Ghz and it should boost up to 3.8Ghz.

19. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    ok for some odd reason i need more volts at stock clocks than i should i now have it at 3.4GHZ with a Vcore of 1.150 i tried auto voltage and when i get to desktop no apps open.

guess my issues are not over yet or maybe its time for a new mobo?

20. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070Super
    Afraid of vcore volts? Unless the system gets super hot just bump it up all the way to 1.3 or whatever you need to get it stable. Or just set auto and be done with it.
    It's a old chip so when it die you got a good reason to buy a new one :p (never had any cpu die even over 1.3 volts 24/7, my old q9550 i use 1.4 in my media server. Tried to kill it for years, but it wont die)
    Same with the 2500k and 4790k, i want a excuse to buy new hw but they just live on forever.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016