Im happy with my A10 6800K!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Damage_Plan, May 4, 2014.

1. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB

lol yep. The monitor I use is always minimized but when I hit 68C a slider pops out warning me so its sort of unintentional monitoring

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Sometimes it is...lol

3. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Could have saved some money and gotten away with the Athlon 740k, an APU without the igpu. :D Overclocks just as nice!

4. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    i dont know, after playing a few games.... the performance is hit or miss now... I played Crysis 3 (with my 660Ti on this mobo and APU) and it runs good but get stutter like crazy here and there. so i close the game and reopen it.. it runs fine.... played some rift and it works really well sometimes.. then it stutters ...

But when i play AC4 black flag it runs great. (all settings maxxed)

i dont know what the heck is going on....

i feel like something is getting bottlenecked or a something not running the way it should.

it doesnt feel like normal FPS drops

i just wish that i can have decent computer parts... so i dont have to upgrade for a while... because i cant afford much, i have to by lesser stuff, then it breaks, and i have to buy stuff again.. and its low priced stuff again because i have to replace it quickly... (like this time) so if it breaks this time.. im ****in screwed

Last edited: May 10, 2014

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Make sure the APU is disabled. Also make sure your temperatures are in check and any motherboard thermal throttling features are disabled. Worst case scenario, the board may have a defect. CPU's are RARELY defective, no matter how low end they may be. The quality control standards are excellent from both Intel and AMD.

6. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes, these APUs run extremely hot. My trinity based A8-5600K would throttle/shut down the system on the stock cooler (with good TIM) if I didn't underclock it to <3.4ghz. Since the temperature sensors are very wonky in general, I don't really know just exactly how hot it is getting, HWMonitor reports spikes over 100C which hopefully is not really happening...
    What cooler do you have? I currently moved my V6GT (which cools my i7 950 @ 4.0 fine) onto the APU but it is still hitting 70s-80C (assuming it is true) when under both IGP and CPU load. Case has very good ventilation, so it just really annoys me that a chip like this gets so hot, makes me afraid to overclock it.

7. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

this is how clean the inside of my case is, as you can see i have the H75 from corsair, and a bunch of fans, the top fan is pulling air into the case and the h75 is pulling that air directly from the top fan and pushing it thru the radiator, the side fan is also pulling air into the case to the GTX 660 Ti you see, i run all fans at top speed when gaming and then switch em back to idle... i used arctic 5 ceramic based thermal paste on both the cpu and the GTX 660 ti the 660ti gets really hot also... my components are firebreathers... im scared for the lifespan of everything right now......

Last edited: May 13, 2014
  8. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    :rock::rock:i actually did some testing, at max load, the Temps from TMPIN2(via HWMonitor) never go above 55°C :thumbup: now if i can get my gfx card to stay below 58°C that would be a huge win.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    That is a clean build. I used to use my Kuhler 620 as an intake, with the top fan as an exhaust. Might try it and see if it does any better. I dropped almost 5C vs the same configuration you're using.

10. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    that seems like a good idea, im gonna play with the fan placement some more to see how much more efficient the cooling can get... right now, after i changed my Vegas Trio fan in the side panel to pull air away from the GFX card and push it outside of the case, i noticed a major MAJOR change in how cool everything inside my case was after i switched the airflow direction.... i think my GFX card in the end was the culprit. im surprised at how hot it gets...

ALSO something aint right about the heat sink on the GFX card... I noticed, as i was reapplying thermal paste on it, the surfaces of the thermal dissipation plate that meets with the processor on the GFX card is a weird texture and color... i mean, its still smooth, but even the colors are weird... its like when they made it, the different metals separated... ill take a pic tomorrow and show you what i mean... it literally looks like a cows spotted pelt. copper here, nickel there.... it just doesn't look right.

11. Aardwolfe

Aardwolfe Member

GPU:
    7660D
    dude, tell me does apu crash while playing with igpu? cz mine 5800k does, i'm using deepcool gamer storm, cpu temps stay below 50c, gpu tempsto 60c ... tell me did ur crashes too with the igpu? or can it be my uncompatible ram? i'm using hyper x 1866 mhz cl 11 ... coz my ram isn't listed in the memory support list ...

12. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Master Guru

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    i answered your question in your thread :)

13. dizzin9

dizzin9 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FE
    i'm a little confused