I'm going to be a grandfather!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Airbud, May 10, 2021.

1. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Congrats you lucky bastard! :D

Honestly, when you're happy like that right now just realising you're gonna be a granddad soon there it no way you won't be a No.1 granddad in the hood :)

Here on my side I can't wait for the same feeling like the one you have right now. Am I going to be proud and happy when it happens: hell ya! Scared: not a bit!!! Will it change anything and make me feel older: ahahahah, never, I'll always be the same one like I was in my youth (my wife often says: you'll always be the same one idiot I've met almost 30 years ago.. but I love you just the way you are, don't you dare to be different!), same state of mind, it's in my DNA, can't change the way I feel and joke whenever I can. Our friends are joking often with me when they see my older son (he'll be 20y.o. in August 2021) wearing almost year old quite dense trimmed beard: "...ffs buddy just change a bit, just a few greys in your hair, you're the same old one past 30 years, it's just weird to see your son wearing a beard and you next to him freshly shaved looking like his year or two younger brother. Just... just change something God dammit!!!...". That change will come for sure but atm I don't give a f%#c about me looking almost the same when I was in my early 20's. Hope it's gonna stay the same at least few years more when I become a granddad.

The only thing I prey for when that day comes is: health. Hope I'll gonna be still healthy and fast enough to do a chase with my grandchildren in our backyard... or in the local park chasing young good looking granny's :D (there are plenty of insanely good looking granny's here in their late 40's and 50's, I'm not complaining a bit). We'll se when it happens one day, hope I'm going to have the same spirit I have atm and energy, health and will for life my dad has now 71y.o.

Like it was yesterday when my dad realised he's going to became a granddad, he was 51y.o. backthen, I was 27 when my first son was born. And that day (was it 4th or 5th month of pregnancy) when we were 100% sure his first grandchild is gonna be "long pipe equipped" he was ecstatic :D That day when he got his first grandchild back in 2001 my dad was literarily flying. That night was insane party in the backyard of our house till the early morning hours. Day later some sober enough soul told us it was around 150 people there that night, my mom and my father in law lost a bet (they wanted a girl) and they had to climb onto the tree (they did it, got a photos). Not a single man (and most of women) was sober that night, everyone had a ripped clotes (even women!), that's the way we slavic people celebrate someones birth, musicians got drunk, we were so crazy and loud that few streets further someone called a police, police patrol came by... some hour or two later both police officers were drunk like the rest of us, they started to shoot into the air to make the party even more crazy... it was hilarius. A bit later that night one more police patrol came by, one of the police officers was my wife's brother from uncle, when he realised he just become an uncle both him and that 4th police officers were drunk same as 1st and 2nd, they've spend all their amo that night shooting into the air lol. All of our neighbours were there, family, friends, somewhere around 1AM that night almost complete neighbourhood from the street where my wife had lived before he got married to me came by, my mother in law and father in law were on the front of their drunk neigbourhood pack, cars horns everywhere... it was complete madness, music and possitive vibes were shooting through the roof. Someone did a 20, 25 pics that night, no one there was sober enough to call someone to bring a VHS camera to record complete madness that night. People here really know how to celebrate something, love this country because of people. Wish everyone to have the exactly same crazy night once when they get their first child or grandchild. Back in 2007 my wife and me we got the twins, boy and girl, it was crazy that night too but everyone who made a comparison said: "...that night back in 2001 won't happen again...". I say: "...it'll happen, just wait till I become a granddad, mark my words!!!..." :D

20 year had passed since then... now im 47y.o., no no no no, not 47 years old but 47 years YOUNG! I'm fully lock and loaded to become a granddad one day, God just give me enough health so I could jump around like my dad did 20 years ago. Hope my dad and mom, and my mother in law and father in law will still be alive and healthy enough to see their firsborn grandchildren becoming a father one day, my wife and me becoming a grandparents. Guess it's not goona happen at least 5 more years, maybe 10 years from now but it'll happen, it must happen, God knows I didn't spared my "ammo" backthen, made three shoots to the center so that's why my expectations are high as they can be :D

@Airbud Let us know how things are going when it comes to your "granddad certificate" ;)

big ROBOT bill, vestibule and Airbud like this.
  2. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    hahaha!...I love you CrazY_Milojko.....Can I come live with you?,,,,,:D

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    You're welcome to make a visit anyday... but gotta ask my wife if you can live with us, me and my side of family atm is on the egde my wife could tolerate ahahaha, one more like me here (our kids are like my clones lol) and she's gonna freak out :D

If you ever came closer than 500Km from Serbia and won't stop by honestly speaking I'll be offended. And I know the perfect event where I'm gonna take you: Guča trumpet festival
    You'll gonna love it, few day of complete madness, positive vibes, alcohol, food, music, women... Once you got there there you'll regret for not coming earlier, ask enyone who was there :)

big ROBOT bill and Airbud like this.
  4. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    Heck yeah!....now you talkin CrazY_Milojko,,,,you are a fun dude!....

Love you Brother!

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Congratz @Airbud !
    Still some ways to go for me given my daughter is 3 years old but maybe some day, should she so choose.

@vestibule

Come on man, it's your daughter's choice whether she has kids or not (and how she dresses), you should respect that instead of being a dick about it in a forum.

Better not to have kids if one is not 100 % in it, I dare say it's one of if not the biggest choice you make in your life, should not be made lightly and definitely not according to any "convention".

vestibule likes this.
  6. Raserian

Raserian Member Guru

GPU:
    HD7750
    It's not about you wanting them, but expecting everyone else does. Not everyone wants to have children.

anticupidon and AsiJu like this.
  7. vestibule

vestibule Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac mini
    I never thought of that. Doh!

8. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    Awesome doggo, best things in the planet!

This is Olly

Airbud and vestibule like this.
  9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Okay I feel like I want to elaborate a bit:

100 % in it, but that's not to say it always is a clear cut choice from the start. I know I went through my share of back-and-forth and so did the missus.

Still, ultimately it was a definite "go", after all.
    Probably will have another "go" soon... but that's another topic.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Grats dude :D
    In the UK you can all round legally be a gramps at age 32!
    I wonder if the same rules apply to foreign couples coming here for first jollies and then the birth?
    Cos then I'd have to question your real age ;)

Airbud likes this.

11. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    Man I've been 29 for years!.....:D

CrazY_Milojko and Mufflore like this.
  12. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    :p....I said this morning!... who's that old man over there?....then I realized I was looking in the bathroom mirror!.....wtf!/ Grrrrrrr! :D

13. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5600XT
    Time to put racing stripes on the walker. :p

And congrats.

Airbud likes this.
  14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    There is local joke here:
    - Why people have more tender relationships with their grandchildren?
    - Because of old principle "enemy of my enemy is my friend".

15. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    hahahaha!...True!.....I can't wait to hand my daughter back her baby with a dirty diaper! :D

16. Raserian

Raserian Member Guru

GPU:
    HD7750
    Don't worry about it, certain parents are just too needy and possessive to show any regard for their children or grandchildren. They are not willing to even consider their kid is completely different individual probably with no things in common with his or her parents.
    Children as a status symbol and convention have been foundation for dysfunctional families for quite a while and this trend is not gonna change anytime soon.
    Oh by the way, they are only going to throw a party when they see a dick on ultrasound, if it's a woman, they rather not tell anyone. Haven't seen such an awful thread around here for quite some time.

17. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    please click the ignore thread button....Now!

the last thing I want is to be under microscopic examination just because I'm going to be a granddaddy.

18. Raserian

Raserian Member Guru

GPU:
    HD7750
    I was not referring to you in any of my posts. Your thread started out fine, but got worse quickly.

19. Airbud

Airbud Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX 1060 XLR8
    I just want to have fun!...my daughter's happy!, I'm happy!, everybody's happy!

I would like to keep it like that....my glass will always be half-full...I suggest other people try it sometime...it does work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    What's wrong with it?