I'm back from the war!!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by urotsukodoji, Nov 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Viento

El Viento Guest

So, come to Brazil, live in peace and be aan English Teacher! You will find a job in every corner and will got a permanent job! :)

2. El Viento

El Viento Guest

Hey! I forgot to mention: I work at Texaco! An OIL COMPANY, from Texas! :) See, no bad light about USA! :)

3. David

David Guest

if the usa wanted oil badly they would start massive oil digging in alaska. but they want to reserve that for some reason.

4. El Viento

El Viento Guest

I think its because:
    a) Costs: its cheaper get oil where the soil is sandy, you dont need to dig in the ice and rock soil. Not to count that all extraction structure is already planted in Iraqi (hey! I graduated in Agronomy at university)

b) feed the war machine that could reelect Bush (HA)

c) First you use other country reserves, and when it is depleted, use yours (never played Warcraft or Command and Conquer? hehehehehehe )

5. serAph

serAph Guest

blame the iraq war on:

oil? You know nothing about America's oil reserves and price per barrel.

Warmongering/World Policing? You know nothing about America's history.

WMD's, and think no WMD's were found? There were un-accounted-for nuclear warheads found in neighboring Iran, and radioactive traces of weapons-grade plutonium found in Iraq. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM... WHERE COULD THEY BE FROMMMM?

Hehe - I also saw some "intelligent" person from Brazil saying "we dont know how to fight a war" when in the past 10 years, America has altered the way war as fought more dynamically than in the past 1000 years combined with two unmatched victories in which an entire country was immobilized in a matter of 6-12 hours TWICE and the largest force of such mobilization the earth has ever seen successfully navigated barren desert with ease - TWICE. Losses are still over 1 to 15 in our favor, like they were in Vietnam too, and as soon as those numbers start panning out, I'll admit we're in over our heads.

6. Silent Option

Silent Option Master Guru

GPU:
    Two EVGA FTW GTX 260 in S
    that one reason why nobody can replace US as world superpower. Although I think we could have done a better job in post war situation and tried to get international back prior to war.
    I only criticize the current situation. Yes the death and wounded count is small. It could rise depending if the resistance strenthen in Iraq. Personally they need a better way in combating those improvise explosives like check the roads prior to sending in the convoys.
    Or develop new weapons like causing improvise explosive devices to detonated much like the modified Abrams that use to clear landmines.

True there are countries on our side but you check out world opinion everyone hate us. Like Peter Parker's uncle said."Great Power comes great responsibility." I think it's somewhere between that line.

7. RaZoR_Blade

RaZoR_Blade Guest

yeah me neither

WB dude :)

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Why we don't drill alaska as much as we could
    Alaskan crude is expensive to refine (Much thinker than Middle eastern Crude)
    Most Oil Tankers arn't registered in the US and a non-US vessel acnnot deleiver goods from one American port to another. Much cheaper to send tankers to Japan.
    Some people like preserving some wildlife, God forbid!

9. urotsukodoji

urotsukodoji Guest

:D :D :D :D

I like that one.

Thanks to everyone who replied, its good to know I'm still part of the community.

I saw alot of things whilst I was filming and to be honest I went in there with a gun-ho attitude, after 9/11 I felt someone had to pay, unfortunately, in my opinion, Bush let off steam in Iraq. I agree something would of had to have been done at some point but when you see peoples remains lying by the roadside and your Director says keep filming as Marines fire tracer fire from their tanks you kinda wonder is this all worth it.

On page one i mentioned that guns are for HALO and then some guy did a post that said guns are for killin (with a grin) - unsurprisingly he lived in WACO Texas and we all know what happened there. It's a sad world and those who read my posts in 2001 will know that I too had that mentality, but after being in Wasington during 9/11 and Gulf War 2 I despise war. To sound almost contradictory, with British Rememberance Sunday coming up I think off all those men and women who died in WW2, they died for us all - in effect it was a just war - can we say the same thing about Gulf War 2 or can we all admit the the only weapons of mass distruction were spelt 'O', 'I', and 'L'...

10. Silent Option

GPU:
    I got a better idea on how we can improve US relations with the world. Admend the constitution elect Arnold Schwarzenegger as President everyone loves him using his charm and charisma we slowly change the World in the United States of Fitness Earth. Mandatory physical training and turn every man and woman into an Aphrodite and Apollo. And enemies will surrender,"You are too good looking, does good looks run in the family is your sister hottie so I can marry her? I guess you don't deserve death afterall." Now everyone is happy:mhp: :kissin:

11. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    OMFG ROFLMAO even babies have muscles LMAO :D :p

12. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    you know, there are some things that piss me off about this war. Who's company is rebuilding iraq? Dick Cheney, that's who. We haven't caught saddam yet, The mission accomplished bullsh*t, the fact that my cousin (a marine) truly believes that he is fighting some kind of evil empire (he was laughing and joking about killing several iraqis who tried to ambush his team, or platoon, or whatever the hell it is). There's the report Mr. David Kay wrote. brief summary

Let me turn to Mr. Rumsfeld's memo of October 16, which has been leaked, and share it. “With respect to global terrorism, the record since September 11th seems to be: We are having mixed results with Al Qaida... Today we lack” the “metrics to know if we are winning or losing the global war on terror. Are we capturing, killing or deterring and dissuading more terrorists every day than the madrassas”—the schools—”and the radical clerics are recruiting, training and deploying against us? ... It is pretty clear that the coalition can win in Afghanistan and Iraq in one way or another, but it will be a long, hard slog.”

So does he really know if we're stopping, or even slowing terrorism?

I'm sick of this war, and we can argue the point all day, but i'm not going to change you pro war people's minds, and you're not going to change mine.

Oh and btw, im sorry, welcome back urotsukodoji, i guess i'm one of those newbies too. nice to meet ya.

13. Silent Option

GPU:
    I have a feeling we fighting this war in the wrong way.
    Well the reason why it has an I don't know how long this war well last but we well win at the end mentality proves that the current adminstration have no clear vision on how to win a war.

Well I know how we can win this war. Cut US forces in Iraqi in half to 50-60,000 troops. Sent the other half to Afganistan and renew the hunt for Al Qaeda, Osama and Taliban with renewed strength. Instead of spending our intell on so-called WMD which are either in Syria or they were not there to begin with. the intell should be concentrated in taking down al qaeda. As for the situation in Iraq the soldiers should be taught in proper muslim custom like not sticking out there feet on choppers. And try to win the hurts and minds of the people. Open up election as soon as possible instead of waiting six months. So the sooner the elections are held the sooner we can have our sons and daughters home.

14. st0nez

st0nez Master Guru

GPU:
    R290/4GB
    It always cracks me up how seriously americans take themselves. by 2010 China will have over taken America economically speaking and at the rate of delicine set by this war and ur fantastic president it'll be sooner then economists predict, you make children parentless and hungry while ur own children starve, lol I think america should try fix their country before trying to fix others, o wait I forgot the people that live on the streets dont exist, sorry.

And yeah welcome back, although i don't condone the action taken I respect your courage and loyalty to your country.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
  15. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Will this thread come back on topic, or do I have to close it?

16. Rusty 2k3

Rusty 2k3 Guest

I dont think its going to get back on topic:rolleyes:

17. urotsukodoji

urotsukodoji Guest

Sorry Headshot. I was just trying to say "hey i'm back!" however the gurus seem to have alot to say even though I have tried to get them back on topic - are you gonna stifle freedom of speech or let people air their views?

18. urotsukodoji

urotsukodoji Guest

By the way let me stress I did NOT fight in the war, I am in no-way affiliated with any army organisation, the BBC paid me money to go and film the war and thats what I did, I'm not going to do it again because I had a moral conflict with the whole thing, I'll stick to music videos thanks.

19. KorganoS

KorganoS Guest

if so, then
    Welcome Back! :D
    although this is wayyy too late for me to say that

ahem... those two 'spam' threads don't quite work out, do they? :D j/k
    anyway, you can still do some 'legal' spamming in the spam thread,... I tell ya this just in case you need some refreshment from this whole 'Iraqi War' mess-up heheheee..

wb m8 and enjoy your every second in this forum! ( I hope you'll be hanging around the h/w forum more often than in the pub, that is ;) )

20. Silent Option

GPU:
    You know what. You can criticize the president and if you haven't read the news lately not a lot of people are going to reelect bush. But please do not make an generalization that all Americas even love this president. I'm not satisfied with him and his lack of a clear vision in solving Americas problem economically, the war on terror and post Iraq situation.

China will not over take America we are ahead 10 years ahead when comes to advance weapons and r & d.

P.S. Lock this thread before I loose my temper and probably gonna flame the peaceniks to death. I'm getting sick of this already particulary the generalization of Americans that we even think he is fantastic. Curtailing of individual rights because of the Patriot Act,lack of planning on the war on terror,iraq post war situation and the jobless economic expansion. You think we are happy. No we are pissed and I know there will not be a Bush in 2005 in the White House.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.