I'll never buy another C-labs product again

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by glazenuts, Aug 23, 2005.

1. glazenuts

glazenuts Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870 triple crossfire
    Hey Guy's,

I'm just stating my opinion which doesn't make it true for everyone, so no flaming please.

I bought a audigy 1394 oem and the drivers were such piece of crap it made the card sound like one as well. I tried contacting CL and the only thing they told me is, "It's oem, we don't support it" anyone ever hear of reference drivers like the entire rest of the industry uses??? What a load of BS. The card would crack and pop. I've always thought the Nazi software that creative labs provides was way more than intrusive. "I am creative labs and if you want to use my product I will control your computer" (sic).

I was so sorry to A3D bite the dust. Their 3d moddling kicked C/L in the balls and spit in it's face. Why do you think they bought them? so no one could come along and start the company back up.

I'm a gamer and don't listen to music on a computer. I have vintage 70, 80's and early 90's hi-fi that has a warmth that computers will not soon dulpicate.

I wish someone could put out a 3D card like A3D that I would but if game developers support it.

my 2cents,

:bang:

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Take your Audigy and install KX drivers..and you see what the card can do, Creative lacks in the software area bigtime. But if you use KX it usually solves alot of problems give much better sound and is awsome for configuration...

3. Coolppl

Coolppl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForceFX 5600 VIVO 128MB
    Ok first of all, you bought an OEM card, when you buy an OEM card it doesnt give u everything you need to set this card up unlike the retail box with everything insde and menus

Also, when you buy OEM anything, that piece of thing is expected to be professionaly installed. If your not a pro at this, then you shouldnt have bothered with OEM and buy RETAIL stuff!

When you buy OEM anything u are expected to install it professionaly and be able to deal with problems that you would come across!

System builders that install cards like these even with troublesome drivers accomplish the task magically sometimes... :eek:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  4. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    Re: Re: I'll never buy another C-labs product again

TOTALLY agree!

5. the_jerboa_king

the_jerboa_king Master Guru

GPU:
    9600GT
    I thought even as OEM is should come with supported drivers as that is aprt of the product? I can agree they wouldn't support anything other software, but as far as I was aware the drivers should be supported

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yeah the usually just give crappy beta drivers..because the card was rusehd to market and as was said..if it's a OEM card them assum you know what your doing..that also includes getting updated drivers for everything..like techs would do. The cards are meant to be purchased by technicians..not customers...but if you have the skills great...save you some money...I always would use KX drivers for Creative cards anyway..creative drivers ALWAYS cause problems....97% of the time anyway...

7. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    Cheap Cards have low end EAX (Unsupported) and therefore use KX for "better sound".

KX are MODDED C-lab Drivers if C-lab is so f***ed as u said it is then why can SOME 1 mod a unstable POS into driver full of praise and yet UNSUPPORTED BY PROFESSIONALs ?

EAX is not a factor right maybe u haven heard EAX 4.0 and above.