If you have DiRT 2 Issues after Yesterdays update...post here!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by sublime20, Mar 2, 2010.

1. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    so far these are my issues--

1. Pressed ALT+Tab to get to my desktop to recieve an incoming IM, now my game runs in windowed mode (cant seem to get it back to fullscreen)

2. Every now and then, i see missing textures in the near distance (didnt have this problem before)

example of what textures usually go missing:
    Sections of mountain, objects dont appear untill you get about within 50 of them and some other textures.

3. all settings maxed out and 8xQSIAA, BUT i still get jaggies at high resolutions

4. Crashes In Multiplayer when at the starting line before the green light.. but then it also hangs with looping audio.

ALL of these problems did not exist before i updated my copy yesterday.

any thoughts or help?

2. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    for me i didn't encounter those cept that the game started up in a small window but i immdiately maximised it to full screen.

3. michaelmk86

michaelmk86 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    my issue with the update:

Now windows live(only with this game) the mouse don't work. Now I can only navigate with keyboard.

4. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti

ohh yea i agree with that one too. forgot to mention it in OP

5. magicdave26

magicdave26 Banned

GPU:
    S-HD 5770 1GB 1000 / 1400
    I find the game loses the mouse attention if something on the desktop is clicked as the game is loading

Alt-Tab back to the game to get mouse control back even if the game looks to be front app

6. tomgreen321

tomgreen321 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD6870
    Game works fine for me, expect for having to manually patch it.

Went from DX11@ultra 1680x1050, 2xaa Min=42, Average=52 to Min=48, Average=57.

7. Razorrig

Razorrig Banned

GPU:
    HD 5870 Xfire 1025mhz
    Yes, the game starts in a window and then stops responding. LOL.

8. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    I had to "remake" my Live account, I mean, inside Dirt 2 it would say my account settings were wrong, so I went and created a new gaming profile, WITH SAME SETTINGS (email and pass) and it kinda fixed it. That is, now I need to play the game again as it was reset, lol.
    When game decides to change to window mode, I simply click inside the window (if Windows 7 loses focus of it) then press Alt-Enter.

Edit :
    I do see the texture problem now. They seem to flicker but at any distance, near or far away. Only in some rare spots it happens though.
    The game has crashed on me once while in windowed mode (had come to desktop to check for something) and once after I won a race it stopped there doing nothing then had to close it ( "not responding").

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  9. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    did you find a fix at all on the GFX issue or "flicker" as you stated??

this GFX issue is really annoying....

10. flimbo

flimbo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Noticed pop up in distant objects especially the Japan tracks, which I'm sure wasn't there before. Also after downloading the patch through GFWL, the next day Steam downloaded another (same?) update.

11. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    sublime20, haven't even tried to fix it yet. Doesn't really annoy me that much.

12. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    just tried it here after the update, and the only problem i have is, when i quit the game, i now get a windows has detected my computers running slow message, do i want to run in windows 7 basic, free up resources, and a load of other garbage about Aero lol, so i just X the bugger closed, no problems with the actual game though, no gfx problems or anything, runs great still:p

13. wiz-kid

wiz-kid Guest

Hi

I have also installed the patch and I am now getting your system has slow performance message after exiting the game. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

I am also having issues when the intro videos come up e.g. Intel, Nvidia, AMD, when I click to by pass these it flickers for a few seconds and then moves on this happens on all the video intros. Anyone else having this problem?

I have tried different drivers for the flickering problem but it has not helped.

Please can you let me know

Thanks

14. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    OK im back.. after a few day.. (been busy) anywho, i tried uninstalling, reinstalling DiRT2... w/patch but it did not fix the Flicker of certain textures..

and yes the textures that go missing even though the game is still playable, REALLY is annoying... and distracting.. i have actually crashed because of these "texture flickers"

This problem was only existant After the update..

EDIT: i also in accordance reinstalled my GFX drivers and even updated to latest Forceware BUT still no fix..... i hope someone can fix this.....

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I rarely had issues with Dirt 2, even tho I know many others did. Now it freezes in game and exits with an appcrash error. This only began to happen when I upgraded my GPU. Did a search and found many people with this issue (both ATI and Nvidia users). Anyone find a fix for this?

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    did you try and delete both files located in

C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\DiRT2\hardwaresettings

hardware_settings_config
    hardware_settings_info

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Problem solved with new CPU and mobo. I guess its very finicky with some hardware configurations.