If you could choose one game to be remade, which would it be?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Feb 1, 2020.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I seen it it still take on FFXV system which I hate.

SQE know exactly what turn based is this is not it, it real-time hybrid of hack n slash with elements of turn based in it.

Turn based was FF threw X everything after that got farther and farther away from it, forget the fact that started to put automated attack systems in them, and take more and more control away from your party memebers.

so "classic" is very mis leading shown there cause that IS not classic battle system. if they left the classic battle system in it + this new crap they doing just to get new people to play the series I would not care.

Everyone has there opinions and to me FF kepts getting farther and farther away from what drew me in in first place, ever game since X SQE slowly made me hate it the gameplay/combat. hated XII battle system along came XIII hated that even more then came FFXV utter despised it and those are FF game I cant bring my self to finish be cause Battle system just kept moving away from what drew me in.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    What's wrong with the classic mode?

3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You're not reading him correctly. He prefers the classic battle mode of the earlier games and does not like how it is implemented/changed in newer versions of the game.

4. Strijker

Strijker Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Myth: The Fallen Lords, released in 1997, Myth II: Soulblighter, released in 1998, the latter being better.

[​IMG]

But that game was for me the first real online game that had everything. You had a waiting room where you could join games and chat. Tons of game modes, like capture the flag, king of the hill and many many more. Great strategy game. Single player was also very nice with great storytelling. Great fun except back then you had dial in modems and it was very expensive back then to play online.

in June 2000, Bungie was purchased outright by Microsoft, with Take-Two acquiring the Oni and Myth intellectual properties.[88][89] Myth III: The Wolf Age was announced by Take-Two subsidiary Gathering of Developers in January 2001.

But that was the last myth game and myth III was pretty bad. Sad how it died like that..

You can still play it online though today.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020

5. 386SX

386SX Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    :eek:
    Never thought I would see this again. Flashback time to this with The Lost Vikings, Freddy Pharker, Space Quest series and Police Quest series, Ethernam ... Leisure Suit Larry, SimAnt, Arachnophobia, Helloween Harry, SimCopter, SimCity, Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Bio Forge, Monster Bash, Loom, Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle (no hentai! :p), Doom 1 and 2, Wolfenstein 3D, Hexen, Blood 1 and 2, Sam & Max, Full Throttle, Wing Commander, Xenon 1 and 2, ...

and so on. Sad they don't make games like these anymore ... :(

airbud7 likes this.
  6. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    I miss turned based Final Fantasy too. About time for my yearly playthrough of 7, 8, or 9.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Why would you say that when this topic comes up all the time? I mean nostalgia... I mean, anyone can post a list. Pick a fav. :p I don't know that I have an old fav I'd like to see as a remake. I think the two I had the most fun playing were Nascar Racing 3 and UT99. Both had terrific online play. I don't think I'd like them remastered, there's some charm to the dated graphics.

8. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I don't actually want it remastered. It just seemed like a fitting response to grab an obscure adventure game from 30 years ago. That's what the kool kids do right? :p

I did play that on Sega CD though. That and the Discworld games were my introduction to adventure games.

My actual answer would be Ninja Gaiden Black for the original Xbox. I spent hundreds of hours with that game and I think it's an underappreciated gem. They remade it again with Sigma on the PS3, but I felt the changes they made were for the worse, not the better. I'd really like to have a modern version of Black along the lines of Resident Evil 2 - just completely remake the game with new art.

I feel like the Souls games have made punishing combat "hip" again, so a remake of Black would be more widely accepted today. Nioh is good, but it's not the original Ninja Gaiden.

9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    I know if you still have the disc you can get an xbox one x enhanced version of the game, or it's available in the play store for 10$ or so. I just started playing ninja gaiden 2 and it's tons of fun and plays very smooth.

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    desert strike series

jura11 likes this.