1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If Noctua had made a GPU Cooler...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by TheDeeGee, Sep 18, 2019.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Noctified my GTX 1070 Arctic Accelero Xtreme 3 :)

Fans are the Noctua NF-A9 FLX hooked up to a Lamptron FC5 V3 Fan Controller running at 900 RPM. So far the Temps have peaked at 44C during gaming with +135 on the Core and +500 on the Memory.

From where i sit the setup is inaudible.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Netherwind, norton, jura11 and 2 others like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    Nice!

Probably quite effective too and without strapping a DH14 or something on there. :D
    (Sure the color profile can be a bit divisive but the fans themselves are pretty effective.)

EDIT: Hmm yeah the Accelero as a base and then Noctua for the fans I would expect to be pretty excellent for a custom cooling solution short of one that is based on water. :)
    (Probably allows for a lower speed too while keeping it all cool but even at higher RPM the fans might still keep noise levels fairly low.)

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    No RGB? Eh...

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    But it has...

Retro Glorious Brown.

SpajdrEX, Dragam1337, Kaarme and 4 others like this.
  6. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Forgive the pun ... but cool.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Incase someone wonders how the fans are attached.

Blue = Cooler Fins
    Purple = Fans

I basically used one end of a Zip Tie as a nut, it gave me the cleanest look for mounting.

The only bulky thing dangling on the cooler is the 3-Way Y-Splitter for the Fans, but i have a closed case so i don't really care.

[​IMG]

CPC_RedDawn and Clanger like this.
  8. Clanger

Clanger Master Guru

GPU:
    igpu
    @TheDeeGee I love ghetto mods/kludging great work :)

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I always wondered why they never got into the GPU cooling business. Although for all we know, they might have something in the works since it takes them 10 years worth of R&D just to release some new fans.
    I might have to try this since I have slowly replaced all my poop brown color fans to the newer black ones so I have lots laying around.

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    Love Noctua. I have 5 of their new 120mm fans (2 top exhaust, 3 front intake), and a new 140mm rear exhaust with the new NH-U12A with 2 of their new fans in push pull.

The system at the moment is quite loud cause there is a bug within the BIOS and some of fan headers are not reading properly, they just run the fans at max. I can only control the rpm on the rear 140 and the 2 120's on the CPU. I also only get readings for these fans and none of the other connectors either.

Not too bothered, waiting on a new BIOS for a fix which shouldn't be long now, it does help having them pegged at max 12v 2000rpm with the summer heat :D LOL

Great mod though. I so wish some case maker or GPU maker would just partner with Noctua. Even if they just used their redux fan line it would be a massive improvement.

11. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 GAMING OC
    dank dope lit trip tight - I want one