If I were to sell my build...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by AsiJu, Jul 13, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Hello guys!

I'm considering selling my current build as one option to gain money due to certain recent, unforeseen monetary issues.
    I seem to be losing my passion for gaming as time goes by as well, I'll buy new games every now and then but often they'll never get played.

Other options are slim as the PC is by far the most valuable thing I own and I can't really sell my car for example.

So point being what price range would you expect I could get?

More detailed specs can be found from my profile, basically thinking about selling everything listed in specs (case+components+monitor+OS included).

I'll keep peripherals as they're not worth that much and I'll get a budget desktop or laptop as a replacement for Internet, work, some casual lightweight gaming.

Input appreciated! Obviously the amount largely determines whether I'll sell or not, no point in selling if it doesn't net enough cash (need quite a bit actually).

EDIT: thinking about selling everything listed in specs except Logitech Z-906 speaker/surround set.
    That one is for keepers, especially as I've replaced the default satellites with "proper" 2- and 3-way speakers :)

(Also the X-Fi sound card is old ie. not worth that much on its own so count that out as well. So specs minus soundcard+speakers.
    Unless the sound card is a deal breaker for the potential buyer, I can always make do with integrated audio of the replacement system for a while).

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Its reasonable specwise, there no parts that would drastically raise price, but its very well balanced.
    CPU is new and popular. This rig will last.

I am not sure a about euro prices, but at around 1k euro you should be able to sell it without much wait.

3. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
  4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    All depends on your local market prices, but I would say around €900-1100 you can get for it.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Thanks guys, I did some math on my own too and around 1000 EUR seems plausible.

Which isn't really enough as the price would have to cover part of the expenses I'm trying to compensate for + price of the replacement system. At least.
    1500 EUR would have been closer to target but it's too much to ask for I suppose.

So likely, unless more unexpected money loss happens, I'll try something else and live to game on PC another day xD

Sorry for the semi-pointless thread. Peace!

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Best of luck sorting your issues!

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX6800XT G.XT.
    Thanks! Luckily it's nothing serious, just sudden and expensive xD

8. judi

judi Banned

GPU:
    GTX1050/4gb
    good luck. Hope it sort out soon

9. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    As I said in another post. Look up items on ebay and total them up. Knock abit off and thats a rough indicative price.