If i was the boss of the CCC team

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bboy-mass, Nov 24, 2011.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    thanks hilbert.

its good to know that my thread will remain open.

thanks ever so much.

r.

2. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    I like the picture.

Very good.

I work with developers and i'm an IT Manager who understands how to deliver quality products. Dont let AMD off the hook with there sloppy drivers, your just as frustrated as we are, you know it.

If your a single GPU user, then I understand your never going to have the problems we have, so have a little respect for my post.

Who are you anyway?

3. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    My point exactly.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Most new games are console ports which makes it pretty difficult for both nvidia and ati driver teams to get it all working efficently on a whole range of hardware and then you have multi-gpu which is only going to make things more difficult.

This isn't an amd only issue.

5. Final8ty

Final8ty Master Guru

GPU:
    2x5970 Toxic 4GB 900/1200
    And lets think about that for a second.

The game coders are either using NV or AMD card when making the games and of course a set of drivers.

So in theory there should be no need for any fixes if people using the brand of card and the same drivers that the coders were using, but it does not work out like that because its not as simple as that.

When it comes multi GPU unless the game makers take multi GPU in mind to begin with then NV and AMD have to retro fit multi GPU for the game/engine.

Retro fitting is always going to be more of a problem than if the purpose was built in, Retro fitting something that you didn't make in the first place is harder still, how long it takes is like how long is a piece of string.

RAGE still has no SLI support.

SLI and CF is not exactly the same tech, so it aint like your saying apples to apples.
    It maybe that NV have a better team or in fact they don't and its just that SLI is easier to fix and if that same team swapped places to work on CF drivers they would do no better.

If they where both working on the exact same tech then pointing the finger would be easy.

All said and done muti GPU should be taken into consideration at the engine and game level then we would all be better off.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  6. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
  7. Damien147

Damien147 Active Member

GPU:
    RX470/4GB
    If I was [EDIT]a programmer[/EDIT] of the CCC team I would tell you to shut the f**k up because you don't know sh*t.
    The monthly releases thing should be abandoned.If whql testing takes 3 weeks then do the math about the timeline.(the caps thing they made is a brilliant idea,I wish they can do more using this method)
    ....and then you have people bitchin' about the countless hotfix drivers with problems like this.
    Some things might be unjustifiable but f**k off if you think there's no support.
    LOOK AT THE TIMELINE.

p.s.I love you too!

8. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    I never have issues with xfire, you want to sell that 5970?

9. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
  10. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    your sacked too

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Chill your beans lol, i was joking, and who's been telling people not to voice their disgust at AMD, i havn't, if people are having problems, then they have a right to bitch at AMD, same goes for Nvidia, as despite what everyone says, they also have problems, as their drivers are also an utter pile of stinking crap :)

12. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    1.) Buy out Radeon Pro's source/license.
    2.) Update it.
    3.) Replace CCC with it.
    4.) ??
    5.) Everyone wins.

13. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Im sorry to hear that.

Anyway, when you have a team that are delivering drivers for there premium product you have to expect a certain level of quality. Its got nothing to do with being mature.

Im sure the manager has objectives and the ccc team have to be tasked to meet those objectives.

They are not meeting there objectives because the community are having to finish the job for them.

I can see your one of those people who watch the clock all day rather than thinking outside the box and delivering quality work.

And with regret, your fired.