1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If i was the boss of the CCC team

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bboy-mass, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Scout

Scout Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    simple.

no bananas until proper drivers.

they would get things done quick !

2. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    Microsoft must make new DX Standarts.

If you look at Wii/PS3/Xbox360 there havent driver problems, they just make games for this consoles. they use dx full out, and some games even are optimize more to ati or nvidia.

so here is a big problem.
    The games must be optimized to DirectX, not to Nvidia or ATI cards, in this way Matrox or Intel even can have a Comeback and all games are same.

3. wafu88

wafu88 Active Member

GPU:
    DDR3
    The Wii and PS3 do not use DX. Neither does the 360. It's not full DX as you said.

You clearly don't have a clue how games are developed for consoles. Game developers on consoles don't even want to deal with API. That's their biggest complain with PC Gaming, the DX API...

There have been countless blogs, interviews and articles of game developers trashing the DX API and it's problems. Console development is direct to metal, command line access, not DX.

4. Yadda

Yadda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1200/6400
    If I were boss, I'd refer to the team as "us" and the problem as "ours".

If that's the best you can come up with I doubt you'd add much value to their team.

5. elpsychodiablo

elpsychodiablo Master Guru

GPU:
    Retina Z2 + Vlab Motion
    You are right Console havent DX, i dont know why i write something like that, anyway what i want to say is Direct X must be more compatible to consoles, because we play 90% console ports on the PC, by the way direct x need a own multi gpu support, no more crossfire and sli standarts, in this way crossfire people dont need to wait for every game a new cap or driver.

6. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    amen

7. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    Here here, i second that, my next purchase will be Nvidia with out a doubt.

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    lol, you do all realise that skyrim is a cpu bound game and will run at 60 fps in non cpu bound scenes on any decent single gpu..

I'm assuming you meant it doesn't work? well alt-tabbing twice works for most.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  9. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    yeah i know where your coming from,

Imagine holding £318 in your hands ripping it up and throwing out of the window on a motorway, ..........well that's basically what ive done, sold my beloved 5870 for a £318 hd6870x2 (1 card 2 gpu's) just for skyrim thinking it would be a graphics hog just like oblivion was when it first came out, and guess what.......... i have to disable a gpu to get better performance, man i am peeved, (biting knuckles) to think i could of got a gtx580 (cry)

10. Rotary8

Rotary8 Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 680
    for me everything works fine, i know CCC team sucks, and same goes for nvidia, if you look how many threads for drivers problems, i care less now, i just stop playing new games and wait till theres a fix first, then i buy it. so my release dates for games is like a month past the real real release date

nvidia drivers
    21,823 threads

ati drivers
    8,381 threads

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Google FTW!!!!

Nvidia Driver Problems = About 101,000,000 results (0.16 seconds)

ATi Driver Problems = About 93,800,000 results (0.15 seconds)

:p

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    If i was the boss of the CCC team

id be all liek ur not the boss of me IM THE BOSS OF YOU!!

13. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    My current 6990 + 6970 and the water block for the 6990 cost me over £1000

For the last 5 years ive bought 2 or more of AMD top cards and its always the same thing.

These games mentioned are top titles with release dates being known for many months so imo to not have drivers ready for these top titles is very poor.

Guys like the OP and me i think have a right to voice our discontent with the drivers seeing as we are the paying customers of these cards.

14. V1tol

V1tol Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    In the times when almost every game title was "nvidia - meant to be played" ATi managed to do nice cards and not bad drivers. Nowadays even the games coded specially for AMD cards work like sh*t on AMD cards. LoL

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Should I even begin to attempt to explain to you how wrong your "logic" is? Aside from obviously being based on what Google can dig up based on what is talked about out there (with many duplicates), meaning right there it doesn't represent the amount of problems at all... there are many more nVidia users than AMD users. Am I getting through to you at all?

Telling people not to voice their disgust about AMD's failure won't improve anything. Nothing will ever improve unless the developers/manufacturers get a ton of negative feedback on a regular basis. Too bad these days they just ignore and ban those who give feedback on their forums.

I paid something like $330 (before taxes) for this piece of crap, I expect it to function as advertised.

16. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Seahawk Water
    @ BlackZero, no i meant what i typed, it's a bug and Alt-Tab works once for me to get full fps and u can blame Bethesda for that issue.

@ Neo Cyrus you can't get a single card to work with your games then your doing something wrong. No reason for owning a PC to not be able to play a specific game.

@ V1tol games are not coded for any specific hardware on the PC platform, some one didn't read my previous post lol, that's called marketing and by the sounds of it you got sucked in.

PC's are an enthusiast platform, deal with it or buy a ah... console (such a dirty word that).

-smc

17. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    My xfire works in Skyrim but every save it stops working then alt tab fixes it again until next save.

I also get around 3 CTD every 5 mins of gameplay.

18. johnyG

johnyG Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 SLI
    If I was the boss of CCC this is what I would say:

I ask you, how DO you get a faster card out of less powerful chip?
    Well you don't.

But you can assign majority of the driver team on the job of guessing the game execution path.
    Trying to squeeze every last bit of performance, thus maintaining the picture of parity.
    It looks something like this.

Nvidia / AMD driver teams priorities:

Functionality, compatibility, features <----|-----> <--|-------> Performance

[-------------------------------------Nvidia----------AMD-------]

Of course we are bound to brake things here and there, but it's a war out there you know.
    And war is hell.

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    try disabling powerplay (msi afterburner unofficial oc mode 2) and use 2d/3d profiles from msi afterburner, Skyrim causes the driver to drop to lower clock rate/power modes when the menu is open.

20. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Troll thread activated.