IdleLimitTime triggered even if game has focus

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by seon, May 13, 2020.

1. seon

seon New Member

GPU:
    Environment:
    - RTSS v7.2.3
    - Windows 10

I added IdleLimitTime=66666(15fps) to application profiles and not in global, but as title says, the setting is still triggered even if I'm interacting with the game.
    Changing the game to fullscreen or borderless, or putting it in global config still triggers the setting.

Is/are there other settings I need to configure to make IdleLimitTime work as expected? Sorry, been trying to find documentation for other settings to no avail.
    If none, any thoughts on what else I can try?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    disable focus assist and game mode.

3. seon

seon New Member

GPU:
    Thank you for the quick response.

Both are disabled, also disabled Game Bar, sadly still same outcome. I use dual monitor, disconnected secondary and tested again, no dice.

So based on what's happening something on my system is taking focus? Apart from RTSS' FPS overlay I don't use any other overlays.
    I also disabled Steam's Ingame Overlay.

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

It is working as expected as soon as you understand what to expect. There are no other settings related to it and the only condition triggering it for process is a case when affected process active window is NOT a foreground window.

5. seon

seon New Member

GPU:
    Understood, thank you also for the response.

Will just have to figure out what's taking focus away from active window. Stay safe!

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

If that's the only game then it can be related to application architecture itself, probably it is just creating multiple 3D windows so only one of them can be active even when you interacting with game.