Idiots at PC Stores

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Stromgold, Jan 4, 2009.

1. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
  2. Jeparisoe

Jeparisoe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    I had a semi argument with a CC employee about video cards recently, the retard started blurting out his pc specs after I asked a few questions about some product, then he asked me if I knew what I had in my computer. So I proceeded to tell him we had about equal video cards, to which he promptly replied that his 512 4850 was more than 2x as fast as my 8800 gts 512. At that point I decided he was dumb enough to leave alone, and there was no point in arguing with his stupidity.

3. Disp

Disp New Member

GPU:
    BFG 260 GTX
    One for the older crowd. First computer I ever decide to build. I knew exactly what I wanted so I started checking out all the computer stores in my area. First one I walk into doesn't have the motherboard I'm looking for, but he's insistent that the one he does stock is much better, I think it was a gygabyte, and that the one I want is no good at all. I left and bought my abit bh6 elsewhere.

4. MileHighMilitia

MileHighMilitia Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS HD4850 + TT DuOrb 700/1135
    I stay away from Circuit City and Best Buy as much as possible. One bad experience when trying to buy a ram upgrade at Best Buy for an old P4 machine when i was really a noob left a sour taste in my mouth that has never left. A member of their so called "geek squad" convinced me that i should stick with a single stick of RAM, and not bother getting a matching pair for dual channel. Not only this, he had me convinced that there was truly no difference. After buying the "upgrade" i got home and tried to install the ram. Not only was the RAM not compatible, but it took me another trip to best buy and more time convincing the sales guy that i wanted 2 sticks of matching ram. Personally, i think the people at those stores are as much of a problem as their prices.

5. CounterCraft

CounterCraft New Member

GPU:
    None
    Please give MOAR detail on grin expression/face.

I would lul harder if you did!

6. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Disp: details may have made it more clear, but it seems you're saying that Gigabyte makes crap motherboards? Let me say this..... i have an Abit IP35 Pro right now for my Q9450.... and shortly after buying it i actually thought of buying a different motherboard. if you ask me, Abit is sh*t compared to Gigabyte.

7. Psychonewb

Psychonewb Member

GPU:
    ATI X300? 256MB
    Tigerdirect huh, it is a weird place all around, I think they're operating in the shady corners of the business world. Like a black market. With noobs.

Kind of a funny story, just shows you how little these people know, noobish, they need to get owned badly. :chainsaw:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  8. nichtganz

nichtganz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N670 PE 2GD5 GTX 670
    I have to say though, Fry's electronics makes me squirt.

As for word on circuit city, i stashed all the blu-rays i wanted, i cant wait for the discount to go up, imagine blu-rays for $10. =D

9. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    I went to A&W and asked for a cup of water, a few years ago. She said "That will be 25c for the water"! I said, "what" :knock: - I ordered food with it! :knock: I don't know if she was "converting' these quarters to 'tips'. :grin:
    I won't go into a long story; but I've watched "Worlds most stupid criminals", or something like that and let me say; I hardly ever eat in restaurants after viewing such things as a guy @)&)&_" in someone's soup!
    I have worked in the hospitality industry and I've seen and it's "pretty scary" reusing food off of someone elses plate) in light of all the various bacteria floating around. :eek:
    Since the world is wide open now; any bacteria that's in all the other countries is going to end up in N.A.
    What you don't see can hurt you!
    Anyway, do all your research beforehand and then buy one that meets your needs - with room to spare. :bigsmile:

WTF! I just noticed this 'irrelevant' post of mine...must have been those nasty pharmaceuticals I was on! At least it was true. LOL!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  10. cecire

cecire Member

GPU:
    PALIT / GeFORCE 8600GT
    shops should screen their employee's real carefully..giving out wrong informations may cause other buyers go NUTS!!

11. Brallan_86

Brallan_86 New Member

GPU:
    Kingston ValueR DDR3 12gb
    He is so amazingly stupid, therefore he is on the computer Afar ^^ I Like it xD

12. Peter Buxu

Peter Buxu Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OCX
    Well something similar to me happened not so long ago............my RAM got bad & so I had to replace them & they were under warranty. I went with the faulty RAM to the stores from where I bought them (SCAN Malta) & told them about my problem. They told me that I have to bring in the PC to certify them themselves..........well fair enough until I stumbled into the most ignorant person in the world!!! loollll........the RAM was of course in dual channel mode.....the "technician" sort of......started the PC & it was giving errors etc etc......& so he told me, OK, we would replace the RAM.........so he went to get some new ones...........

I told him I would install them myself but he insisted to install them........OK then fair enough........afterward he opened up my PC & when he saw the H50 WC that I have installed he told me: "WTF is that, kinda like it sucks air loolll"..........I told that he might be so ignorant that does not keep himself updated & let that go, but then when he took out the faulty RAM from my PC & asked me how he needs to install the RAM in dual configuration mode, I said How's the F**K that person been calling a technician...........on that day I realized that the PC gurus are the ones that would keep themselves updated but most of all are the ones that won't find work in the I.T industry or else they would find a job but not as a technician :D

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    They STILL sell cards that old?? Not many shops I know would have one, unless it's a $hitty shop or bought specially online or from ebay for dirt cheap...

Even 8800's are becoming rare to buy now from shops...

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I even remember having a gaming laptop from around 7 years ago, SEVEN which then had a 6800 ULTRA, a lot better than a 6200...

15. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    That post was from 2009 and did not say when that had happened.

16. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    But still, WHO in the right mind would've bought a 6200 to use for gaming??!!

17. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I considered it a few years ago, I was a newb back then though (still am a bit). ;)

18. CasperTm

CasperTm Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    When i ordered my rig (check specs on left), i told to the salesman that put in a PSU which will be good. He installed a 400W one.... And wondered that i returned it after 1 week, it was completely burned.... Thx god nothing else got hurt in my rig....

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    At least you now have a 4870. :)

What a fool, he gave you a piece of crap 400w unbranded psu for your rig?

Was he on some kind of drug? At least a 550-600w quality psu at the very least...

20. nikitash

nikitash Banned

GPU:
    MSI R6870 HAWK

I just LOL at this part for like 2 minutes. OMG i thought only unemployed ppl are dumbs.