1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NEVERS1DE

NEVERS1DE New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800gtx 512mb
    Hey fellas hows it goin this will be my first post but first off wanted to say thanks for all the help in the past but I finally have a reason to register. Im in need of some help ive looked around the forums with no luck. I just recently built a new rig everything is working fine except one thing. I bought an EVGA nvidia 9800 gtx 512mb. It seems to be working just fine UNTIL I install any drivers let me point this out ANY DRIVERS. Once I install the drivers and reboot it kicks on and I am stuck at the lowest res and on 4bit. Does anyone know of any reasons this might be happening or what I would need to do to fix this rather annoying problem?

System specs ( possible conflicts? )

Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83ghz Q9550
    Memory: OCZ ReaperX 2gb x2 ( 4gb total )
    Powersupply: 850w Roswell

Anything else that might be necessary please let me know. Thanks again for any help you can give me. Im just totally stumped here.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  2. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    try using drive cleaner pro in safe mode

3. rylen

rylen Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1060 6GB
    is your motherboard's bios updated? if not try updating it, just be careful with flashing your motherboard.

4. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Lightning
    I take it you are using XP 32-bit?

Can you please list the drivers you have tried?

Also, did you try the drivers on the CD that came with your card?

I agree with tommyk2005, running driver cleaner in safe mode is worth a shot.

Failing that can you test your card in another PC?

5. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    Seems to me like just driver issue related, (happened to me long time ago also) cleaning (uninstalling old drivers and cleaning system with driver cleaner in safe mode, if there will be no change i would try reinstall OS, but be sure before u installing gpu drivers to have at least chipset drivers installed, at least thats how i do it and it work out pretty well so far)

6. NEVERS1DE

NEVERS1DE New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800gtx 512mb
    Thanks again guys for the help. I have the latest updates for my BIOS ive whiped all drivers clean multiple times. Im going to go ahead and try reinstalling OS than going from there.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    It's a driver issue that has happened to a few people including myself. What drivers are you using?
    Uninstall your gfx drivers and install 178.15 if you haven't already.

8. NEVERS1DE

NEVERS1DE New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 9800gtx 512mb
    Thanks fellas. I finally managed to get it up and running. The driver that finally worked for me was sides 178.13 modded drivers. I had to reinstall windows xp twice but im up and running. Now to start tweaking everything. Thanks again for all your help!