1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ideas needed. Calling all Graphic designer FREAKZ

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by pantat, Mar 20, 2008.

1. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 275 Superclocked
    Hi, my very best friend is going to open a store selling frozen yogurt.

If perhaps some of you don't know what that is, it's kinda like an ice cream, but made from yogurt (frozen yogurt) topped with fruits, chocolate or other goodies.

We decided to name it : The Berry Trees

I believe there are some of you guys out there that need almost no time to come up with some magical ideal on designing the logo and/or the letters..

Or if you have some time to spare by sketching up some fancy distinctive fonts or logo..? That'd be awesome too..

Give us some hint or ideas, ya? A preview would be a bomb if possible..

Thanks

2. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    I highely doubt you'll get many profesional designers wasting their time to make you a corporate identity for free. Nice name though. Anyway, I am graduating from design/illustration major in April, so if you say that you are willing to pay for a logo I could whip up some ideas for you. Ideas would be free, off course.

3. Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX OC2 626/2000
    Yeah I agree with Zapmaster - you don't get much for free these days, unfortunately. I'm a graphic/web designer - I wouldn't mind having a go for you but I'm pretty swamped at the moment, actually I need to get off here and get some work done!

Good luck to your friend with his new venture :)

4. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    Yeah huh? Well, how about some ideas?

My graphic skill isn't empty at all. Perhaps I could squeeze it out with some thoughts and ideas.

Any Ideas would be much appreciated.

Thank you all

5. Vicious-Deeds

Vicious-Deeds Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7970 3gb
    The Berry Trees

[​IMG]+[​IMG]=Your logo.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  6. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    Photoshop, 3ds Max etc Tutorials

Just get a pad and start drawing things. You don't need fancy stuff to draw with either. Scan whatever drawing you like best and photoshop the holy crap out of it.

7. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    Can't think of any ideas right now (I don't think about ice cream/frozen yoghurt a lot) but some general guidelines that I go by when designing logos and general themes is to keep it simple, obvious, don't use a lot of colours... two/three-tone logos are pretty popular right now. Dark matt colours go well with vibrant colours, although that might not work as well for ice cream. It's hard to know exactly what to suggest without knowing the current image policy. Any preferences RE colors and the overall 'tone' of the establishment are critical in designing an appropriate logo.

Also, if you've never studied any colour theory, some really basic, usually effective combinations are contemporary colours, so:
    Orange + Blue
    Purple + yellow (banana vs grape?)
    Green + Red (apple vs strawberry?)
    ...what kind of fruits do you put on frozen yoghurt? like I said, I don't really know, its usually too cold in the UK for me to want to eat something frozen.

8. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    a cone with a berry tree growing out of it!

9. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Here's a slogan "we squirt the yogurt in your mouth and not all over your chin"..................................sorry couldn't resist

10. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    ahahahahaha! good one scipio!!

"The Berry Trees; orgasm in your mouth that even your wife will be jealous of!"

11. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    @Psytek

Thanks for your professional comments. There's no particular color preference. We are starting something here, a beginner if I could say.

About the fruit. We use as the topping, like strawberry, blue,rasp,blackberry..but we'll also do chocolate and others.
    So there's no specific fruit or stuff. Yogurt is the base though.

About the slogan, hey yeaahh.. why not. Those are deadly hilarious ones... any other thoughts about the slogan?

Perhaps some more serious one I guess..a none 'rated R' one? lol

12. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    "Swallow the cream" =)

13. hartofalyon

hartofalyon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 9800 GT 512mb
    this concept sounds a lot like pinkberry here in nyc and cali. and the name too...

where is your friend opening?

14. pantat

pantat Active Member

GPU:
    It's at California. I know it sounds like pinkberry. I questioned him about why using the 'berry' thingy,

and he said to make the people get it easily about what he's having in store to sell. Since almost everyone knows about pinkberry

I was thinking about 'The Yogurt Tree' but it's already taken, so he's pretty much down to it then.

15. Dupoint

Dupoint Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 X2 2GB
    "The Berry Trees: Creamy freshness with an icy twist" :D:D

16. Steven Hone

Steven Hone Paolo the Gun

GPU:
    Zotac AMP Extrme 1080 GTX
    Sperm Lickingly Good :)

You can get your stuff designed by someone on here www.freelancers.net

Good luck :)

17. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    If I could just get some free time on my hands I'd love to work it out for ya, but that's just the thing..free time. If I scroll through this topic it seems like no-one who can work with photoshop or illustrator has any of that. I guess we're doing pretty good guys!

18. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    yeah, easter break is when all my lecturers decide to simultaneously set very large coursework assignments.