1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ID Software recommends the GeforceFX GPU's to play Doom 3

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jbscotchman, Feb 25, 2004.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
  2. @trapine

@trapine Guest

Valve recomends Radeon For HalfLife 2 but i can almost guarantee it wont be out in april lol:p Sorry couldnt resist But yes its all marketing bullsh1te :D

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Hehe, I've given up on HL2. Its never coming out!

4. NIB

NIB Master Guru

Lol. Thats nothing. I am still waiting for duke nukem 4ever :D. So i guess now its official, marketing has gone really that ****ty that games propose specific cards. Soon we will have to treat our pcs as consoles, games that run on nvidia cards and games that run on ati cards. Sad.

5. @trapine

@trapine Guest

This statement is scary:eek: but also true lol :p As the way its going if a game comes out that needs openGL you will need to insert your nvidia card.And if you want dx games to play you will need to insert your ATI card?

If it gets to this bugger it gonna go console and become a penguin:tux: worshipper lmfao for pc.And play tux racer all day :D

6. xXMrMeathooksXx

xXMrMeathooksXx Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 295's Quad sli
    It has been known since the begining of time that nvidia has had DOOM 3.If you read the previews and limited benchmarks out there you will see why.You will not need an NV 40 card to play.A 5700u is enough at 50fps :p

7. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 FE
    I wonder what the guy with ye olde GF3 was thinking that D3 would play on THAT?! Okay, hmmm, let's stand still and see if the framerates get better.

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    Really?!! I had no idea!

^^That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

9. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    Naw,it wont be released in april.I would say more along the lines may or june.They are thinking of adding DOOM 3 in the NV40 release.There is alot of gossip right now,no one really knows what the hell is going on.

10. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    I just sit here patiently waiting, playing Tiger Woods PGA 2004 on my PS2.

11. xXMrMeathooksXx

GPU:
    :heh: I dont know about that.Me,I busy with DM and team arena with a little Halo in the mix. :p

12. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

eah but Doom is for GF cause Nvidias opengl is top of the range

where ati is really still having trouble with it,

you can play ati games on GFX but just not at the same level of detail,

its better cause the FX renders better, it is always smoothing,
    the 9800's are good at speed, but the FXs are better with raw quality vs power,

13. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

true ati does look good but Nvidia looks better,

hey ATI why don't you fix your drivers before releasing the R4xx's
    and Nvidia, fix your AA bugs will ya,

i still can't use any on the 55.55
    which sux,

14. @trapine

@trapine Guest

Mental health really needed:p ^^^^

15. Ayune

Ayune Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256mb (AGP)
    Well, i'm using GFX5600 now & I do hope that D3 could still run well in my current system, maybe I'll get only 30-35 fps.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2004

16. @trapine

@trapine Guest

trust me 3 quaters of it is all hype you should be quite alright to play doom3 or halflife2 if they come out in the next 5 years:p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2004
  17. Badfish

Badfish Guest

Did anyone else see or hear about the Doom 3 release date that was on GameSpot today? Think they took the article down for some unknown reason but if I remember right they said an inside source at Activision said the game may be released April 15th. That is far from official but still leads me to believe things are starting to move. I also recall seeing Doom 3 preorders at Best Buy for a month or so now and I can't believe they would commit to preorders like that if the game was still a long ways off. Anyway lets hope the official word comes soon.

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    ^^Yes I did see that. I'm pretty sure we will see Doom3 in April but maybe ID didn't want to announce it this early yet.

19. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    God I hope so. That would be awesome if one of the highly anticipated games would finally come out.

20. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    I am sure D3 will run on just about any card, b/c ID does not want to stab themselves in the foot. They know as well as anyother dev that if the game wont run on a certain manufactures cards then they will not get as much $$$$. It is basic capitalism they are in it for the money for the most part it would be stoopid to make a game that is not playable on alot of cards. ATI/Nvidia makes no dif the game will be playable.