I would like to gauge just how many people disagree with this.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ArCElM, Jun 11, 2012.

?

This guy is talking..

1. TOTAL Tripe, Nvidia are an honest company with honest pricing.

18 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Nvidia are ripping us off, but what can you do? I want 60FPS.

21 vote(s)
    47.7%
  3. No Idea.

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArCElM

ArCElM Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 680 x2 SLi
    I don't know if people are getting this bit..

>>> PLEASE ONLY VOTE after your have read my post on Nvidia forums. <<<

PLEASE have a read.

Here is a link to my post.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=226227&view=findpost&p=1419137

I am actually trying to get the word out, desperately trying to get people to see it all for what it is, madness. Or maybe not even the ACTUAL PRICES, but the prices considering performance, the fact a £500 is not enough, they release mid range cards and charge premium prices and then charge something out of this world for the high end card, calling it 'SOMETHING SPECIAL'

I am very curious as to just how many supporters Nvidia actually have (they will be easilly identified) after somehow brain washing people into thinking this is all normal.

Please tell me if you think I am near the mark, if you agree or disagree, or if you think I am talking total tripe.

Many many thanks.

EDIT: I actually made it a poll.

Have fun VOTING OR BASHING ME! :D

I know I will!

EDIT: Anybody remember this?

[​IMG]

Maaaaaaaaan I LOVED cod4 at that time, this made me charge out and buy a 4870x2 lol

I paid £380 coz I was in a rush, but you could find them for around £350, this was the dual GPU version of the ATI flagship card, the 4870 (680/690)

Which although expensive are prices I could live with, just about.

This all has nothing to do with what I can or cannot afford btw, I have money, about to pick up a second GTX 680.

WHY? coz I wish to play some CURRENT games at 1080p maxed solid 60FPS. (remember read my post on Nvidia forums)

Urm I would just like to clarify, on account of on hear it seems you have to... (nerdy fanboy freaks) I do not think AMD/ATI or Nvidia are in anyway better than the other, I don't care one TINY bit, I am simply talking about prices, and the 4870x2 I just had, and now I have the 680, and another on the way.

I would have gone for the 690 however for the same price you can get 2 higher clocked 680's so that's my choice and ofc I already have ONE 680.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Man this thread isn't going to end well. Inb4 teh lock :nerd:

I don't see anything wrong with thier pricing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It is normal because the market sets the price. Nvidia needs to make money, you talk about cars and all that jazz, Nvidia is a publicly traded company. If their CEO isn't bringing in money then he's getting ousted for someone who can bring in money. People are buying the cards, even for $1000 - like me. I can afford it and even though in Hindesight I don't think it was worth it, because I barely anything besides starcraft II, I did it anyway - thus Nvidia knows that there are *******s like me out there that will pay this price for it. And not only that, but there's a lot of them because the cards are constantly not in stock. So if anything the price was too low at launch.

Don't like it? Stop buying graphics cards. Nvidia will be forced to set their prices lower otherwise they'd go out of business.

4. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I find it funny that people keep harping about the 600 series price. I remember years ago when I bought a Geforce 6 series card (6800GT), for $420 USD. 6800GT was mid range. If you haven't noticed the trend yet, as Denial pointed out then I feel sorry for you. Now performance wise, I've no issues as of recent, but when the cards were first released I had many issues.

5. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah - the 8800Ultra was like $850 or whatever. If anything the prices have gone down.

6. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    This is the first time I have felt NV and AMD where selling a lower end products at high end price points just because they can. Next year when they are selling the GTX680 as a re branded GTX760 for $299.99 I will pick one up!

7. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    There goes the neighborhood.

Personally, I think AMD and Nvidia are ripoffs. But I'm poor, so I'm allowed to think that way.

And in before lock.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Prices seem reasonable to me

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The graphics market is a duopoly, what are you expecting? The 8800 Ultra & I believe the GTX 280 were highly priced too iirc.

10. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The market sets the price. If people stop buying a $500 GPU, then its price will decrease to more acceptable levels.

In a free market economy, as Adam Smith put it: "Everything is worth what his purchaser will pay for it."

11. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    I agree.

12. IKnowJack

IKnowJack Guest

GPU:
    GTX470
    i think you'll find that high end 3DFX cards where very expensive in their day..i remember seeing them advertised in the $1000s..

its the typical technology thing...prices are always high when its first released..

and if you think a single GPU will run every game at max settings then youre better off with a console...every game is different...every game has different performance overheads and requirements...some games have built in AA...some dont....some allow up 4xAA...some allow 32xAA..in various flavors...

if your 670 isnt coping...maybe you have the graphics settings too high...dont max out the AA and watch your fps increase....
    im running max payne3 just fine on a gtx470 with these settings from the graphics.xml (eg no FXAA as its just a blur filter and looks crap...and no maxed out MSAA)
    Code:
    	<Resolution value="22"/>
    	<Width value="1920"/>
    	<Height value="1080"/>
    	<RefreshRate value="60"/>
    	<Fullscreen value="1"/>
    	<TextureQuality value="2"/>
    	<AnisotropicQuality value="2"/>
    	<Vsync value="1"/>
    	<SSAO value="1"/>
    	<ShadowQuality value="3"/>
    	<ReflectionQuality value="3"/>
    	<WaterQuality value="2"/>
    	<FXAA value="0"/>
    	<Tessellation value="3"/>
    	<HighQualityShaders value="1"/>
    	<DirectXVersion value="3"/>
    	<MSAA value="2"/>

13. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Yea, Me too^...Even processors are cheap compaired to 3-4 years ago...

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    prices seem reasonable to me. they even brought down the prices of amd cards. if you do not want to pay do not buy.

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Voted TOTAL Tripe, Nvidia are an honest company with honest pricing. as per forum rules. :)

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    To me Nvidia's prices are reasonable. With me I go a generation or so behind the top of the line because I know I can get one of them cards for a decent price.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    well u are 3 generations behind

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    All these companys just suck us dry...but really how how hard is it turning down eyecandy and resolution to stay current playablity wise in games.
    Its the market demand that sets the prices and its vga hobbist(junkies)like myself that no matter what price we go out and get it.

19. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    lol.. true. But after a point it becomes unacceptable for us :p

20. juke

juke Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070
    Yeah they are priced absurdly. But Nvidia pays much more $$$ than AMD does in its research. And FYI, research needs funding to pay for the researchers and paying for the manufacturing of the actual unit every step of development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.