I Wanna O.c But How?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by gsxrjunkie, Feb 3, 2005.

1. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    i wanna o.c my comp but have no clue how can any1 give me some help?and i have 1 side fan blowing out,1 fan in front blowing in,and 1 fan in back blowing out.is this enuff? thank you

2. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Same for you... lol.
    There is a sticky at the top of the section entitled "absolute basics of overclocking" check it out. It will give you a basic understanding.

3. NvidiaRox

NvidiaRox Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280
    should be for now, for one you will need to get a new heatsink for your processor AMD gives you one that will bearly cool your computer with stock settings, soo, get a volcano 11 or somethin, next you are going to want to adjust your FSB or Front side bus which is what will make your Mhz increase the higher your FSB the higher your Mhz now it comes to a point where you are become unstable this is when you increase your Vcore or the voltage going to your cpu yours should be somewhere like 1.5volts, the more you increase it the more stability you will get but at a price of heat, your CPU temp should stay idle from 36-48 degrees C dont not exceed it if possible and at a load it should not reach 60 degrees, next get that stable and maxed to what you like and run prime 95 to make sure it is stable, finally increase the settings on your ram start with the Cas latency you may want to consult where you got your ram to see what the max settings are at the FSB you are running, anyways i hope that makes sense this is just an intro and there is a lot more you can manipulate and need to tweak to get your system tweaked to where you really see its peak performance, soo good luck and im out.

4. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    thanks 4 the advice,i am kinda scared 2 try cuz i really cant afford another cpu or mobo ,i have a heatsink and fan from a amd 3200+.prob need somethin better

5. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    My XP2400+ is now 1.85volt and nicely warm 57*c(IDLE). OC 2190mhz from 2000mhz. These t-bred CPU´s handle warm well so go ahead and try.
    FSB is set to 146mhz from 133. Better cooler and i break 2300mhz:D

6. PsXDnS

PsXDnS Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT @ 434/389
    Just go to best buy, buy a new CPU, return the old one in the new box, there ya go ;).

7. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

:eek:

If you go in small steps when overclocking and stick to save voltages, it is a task that isn't really that risk to your computer. The sticky at the top of this section gives you some guides to go by to stay safe and sane.

8. PsXDnS

PsXDnS Member

GPU:
    Just a fail safe mechanism, but I agree - unless you go completely ape **** with the rates, it's pretty hard to screw up if you are monitoring well..

9. PsXDnS

PsXDnS Member

GPU:
    Oh and nice sig - too bad TNT plays all the crappy season 8 episodes n junk, the older ones without dogget and rayes were better :/.

10. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

ah, thanks. I don't get cable, but I have most of the x-files episodes on my hard drive. I'm missing a few episodes in seasons 1-4. 5-9 are complete. And I agree with you there that the best seasons pere pre dogget and reyes.

So yea gsxrjunkie you tried oc'ing yet?

11. gsxrjunkie

gsxrjunkie Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG gts250oc
    no i havent.this may seem like im asking 2 much but can i get some detail step by step?and i have a stock heatsink and fan for a xp 3200+ on my 2000+ will this b ok

12. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

the stuff in "the absolute basics on how to overclock your cpu" is step by step. You are sure you read all of it, especially that last post in there ;)

like i said, if you have a specific question, feel free to ask, but i feel like you are asking for something that is already typed up and on the forums.

and yes, the heatsink for an athlon xp 3200 on your 2000 will be alright. You won't be able to overclock like those that have better cooling solutions, but you will still be able to overclock a little bit.