I think there is something up with the Frostbite engine(s) and 560's.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TimmyP, Oct 9, 2011.

1. SUnSpot

SUnSpot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI gaming 970 4GB
    never seen so many people spew out so much bull"beep" in one thread. Seriously if your just guessing and making up an answer to someones questions, don't answer, yeah.

2. andy2011

andy2011 Guest

GPU:
    Asus
    In all honesty i think the TDR errors and crashing/Hanging/black screens can be related to overclocking of CPU/GPU. Even if your not overclocking your CPU but you are overclocking your GPU you can come across the same issues. I recently put together a new rig and overclocked it to 4.6Ghz and I thought all was fine however as soon as i started playing BFBC2 i got a BSOD after 20 mins of gameplay !

So after benching/running prime 95/running linx I had to increase voltages on the mobo for vcore/qpi/vtt/and also memory voltage (16GB ram seems to require extra voltage which is understandable as its placing more of a strain on the mobo and cpu/gpu). Anyway it was through the whole overclocking process and looking up error codes online I came across these codes:

BSOD codes for overclocking
    BSOD codes for overclocking
    0x101 = increase vcore
    0x124 = increase/decrease QPI/VTT first, if not increase/decrease vcore...have to test to see which one it is
    on i7 45nm, usually means too little VVT/QPI for the speed of Uncore
    on i7 32nm SB, usually means too little vCore
    0x0A = unstable RAM/IMC, increase QPI first, if that doesn't work increase vcore
    0x1A = Memory management error. It usually means a bad stick of Ram. Test with Memtest or whatever you prefer. Try raising your Ram voltage
    0x1E = increase vcore
    0x3B = increase vcore
    0x3D = increase vcore
    0xD1 = QPI/VTT, increase/decrease as necessary, can also be unstable Ram, raise Ram voltage
    0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances
    0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency or uncore multi unstable, increase RAM voltage or adjust QPI/VTT, or lower uncore if you're higher than 2x
    0x109 = Not enough or too Much memory voltage
    0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)
    0x7E = Corrupted OS file, possibly from overclocking. Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r

BSOD Codes for SandyBridge
    0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
    0x101 = add more vcore
    0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT
    0x1E = add more vcore
    0x3B = add more vcore
    0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage
    “0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances”
    0X109 = add DDR3 voltage
    0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage

This is taken from XS Forum. A user there posted this. Thought it would help over here

Now TDR errors can be linked to error 0x116 or 0x124 so it may be when running multiple or single gpus within a system (or even a single gpu) it places a strain on the system and as a result requires higher voltage to ensure stability. When I had a TDR error i was always getting error 0x116 and since increasing pch core and qpi/vtt i can play fine for hours in bfbc2

Id suggest running an app like whocrashed to determine the crash but also look in the even viewer for the full error string and code. If your seeing 0x101, 0x124, 0x116 more than likely your voltages are too low and need increasing. When a system is under load (such as in a game) voltages can drop below stable levels. Please check so you know the upper voltage limits of your system. Too much voltage will cause damage to your system.

Just thought id share that hope it helps