I think people Afraid of being ALONE

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mr.Bigtime, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Fact is tho you aren't alone or lonely :D which is good! I've been lonely once for about half a year when my brother died it left some big empty hole that made me feel lonely even when I wasn't alone. It sometimes creeps back but it is only for short times.

2. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    you all wrong,
    people is afraid of death, and beign around ppl reminds them they're alive
    same for religion, gives an explanation for death
    (among other things)

Id rather be alone than with the wrong company

3. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260

biggie , change medication lol

4. NomadAssassin

NomadAssassin Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB SC
    Am I the only one who gets depressed by isolation of the social life and kinda want people to leave me alone at the same time :D

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Sorry to hear that mate. And YES, there is happiness out there, you just need to find it.
    Solitude is nothing bad. It's quite surprising how much stuff you can do when you have all the time in the world for yourself! :)

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Im not afraid of being alone. I actually like it sometimes. Some people like to have their space.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Yes that is something I learned through hardships. I was in "solitude" for 3 years or so slowly getting hang on how to live my life and how to be happy. Currently in relationship but not gonna let that confine me, first time tho I can be myself in a relationship.

If I want my own space I can get it, I can continue my hobbies which is important. There were times when I was in relationships that totally ****ed me over not allowing me to be me (my own fault to a degree). :D

8. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    In Wolfenstein New Order Klaus says to Max;
    "We are always alone, only sometimes it doesn't feel like it"
    To think some ignoramus would put down video games when there are these spiritual easter eggs.
    :)

Paradox inbound!
    "Sharing a drink called loneliness which is better than drinking alone" - Billy Joel
    "How can you be lonely when you don't even exist in the first place" - neeeksta

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Your first longer post was quite eye opening, thanks for that, really appreciate it and those YT links.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
  10. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Anyone can say they prefer being alone, but let's face it fellas, if you were the last person on earth you would go mad a lot faster than you want to think. We're social creatures and group oriented. You all have your groups, no matter how small they may be. I do agree that's its funny that on average, people have to believe in something higher to make sense of life. Have to feel like you're a cog in the machine instead of just aimlessly floating around. I always thought it was funny how everyone is so worked up about getting into heaven, and how great it is, without realizing the longterm implications of existing for eternity. Seriously, why would you want to live forever? What is there even to do for that long? Worship who made you? Makes the whole fall of lucifer thing a lot more relatable. Guy was probably bored to tears.

11. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Thanks, great to know it was read.
    Feel free to PM if anything tickles and needs clarifying.
    This stuff is not like anything else you study - but the old maxim of you get what you put in is very pertinent with self awareness / understanding the world.

I actually had a couple of game and song quotes, then when it came to type 'em out I could only remember the Wolfy one - so I thought I would whack it afterwards in a shorter post for giggles.

12. neeeksta

neeeksta Member Guru

GPU:
    Giggley bite 1080 t
    Heh, you read my mind, or I read yours, as I think a few who think seriously about this have prolly come to that conclusion, but of course we are in a casual forum situation, and the preferring to be alone, is in the context of;
    For some the work of compromising and tolerating others isn't worth it, when tootling on the PC / doing your own hobby thing is satisfying in itself.

What else I was going to say that occurred to me was I don't do movies or any sort of TV stuff, but I saw this clip where Tom Hanks is on some island by himself, and he ends up painting a face on a coconut shell.
    Indicating how strong the gregarious, interaction and relating urge is.

As for eternity and heaven, this IS eternity, time is a mental construct.
    Which doesn't mean that your present experience of awareness will go on forever, it just means that the future and past don't exist as such.
    Can you touch, see, hear, smell, taste the future or past?
    Heaven like the rest of stuff mankind is programmed into - is an abstract.
    Obviously this isn't religious debate, but of course the default spiritual image for the Western world is Judeo-Christian.
    So it springs to mind for most when discussing deep n meaningful.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    When you drop any religious predestination and guidelines, you will be yourself.
    It is purely your decision to put your mind and body towards something. To find your own greatness.
    I have never failed in anything I put my mind into, and you would not likely so. (Can't say I am great at everything, but I could always learn anything and reach any target.)

As far as fear goes, it is biological reflex, it is not good one for humans at this point in time in evolution. (unless it is fear for someone else, like children)
    But fear for yourself will cripple one's ability to think with full clarity, to move and react as fast as when one is not afraid.

People can at least partially replace fear with other emotions or block it.

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    A fearful mindset will create invisable barriers for you and therefore narrowing your outlook on the world.
    A positive mindset will enhance your vision of the world. It lets you see opportunities popping up left and right you never thought existed.

It's really just about trying to see the positive side in everything in life.