I Need sound card suggestions for my set up.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by TyrantofJustice, Sep 20, 2018.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    I have the original ASUS Xonar Essence STX with these

https://www.klipsch.com/products/r-15pm-powered-monitors
    https://f072605def1c9a5ef179- spec sheet
    a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/R-15PM-Spec-Sheet.pdf

https://www.klipsch.com/products/reference-subwoofers?model=r-12sw
    spec sheet
    http://images.klipsch.com/R-12SW_-_...7.1832416926.1537308837-1723440805.1537308837

I get terrible hum from output on the card so far tried RCA and AUX\

so i was looking to upgrade to this but am not sure if this is even an upgrade

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...creative_sound_blaster-_-29-102-101-_-Product

if anyone has suggestions on the buzzing and a better sound card or settings in my ASUS suite.

the sub cuts out on high volume for a few second once every minute or so ... i got a new amop for the monitors for free from klipsch the firts one cut out ... this time they said the sub cutting out was the pre amp to the lfe on the monitor amp... i called today said the new amp gets hot and sub still cuts out he sasid he needs to consult with tech i was talking to this is 2 amps technically 3 if you count the oiriginal and i pasid 449 for these and 449 for the sub USD... im requesting another monitor amp and a suib amp ... they seem to not want to give up a sub amp ... i still have the boxes .. hell ill send them in anmd they can fix them or send me new ones.

but i really think it might boil down to the sound card in the end.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
  2. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    This is mainly for music and movies .. 4k movies

3. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    1) Try Uni xonar drivers: http://uni.maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/
    2) Make sure your soundcard is not too close to video card, electrical interference can affect output analog signal of soundcard
    3) Try connecting speakers to different source, smartphone, etc... and see if the noise is still happening

4. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super

well .. in my first slot which is a pciex1 is my wifi card
    second slot is my x16 slot so they almost touch
    next slot is a pciex8 which i have my pciex1 sound card in because they are compatible.
    i could go down to last picex8 slot but the third pciex1 slot is not an option since it disables one of my drive ports.. well sata drive ports.

5. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    still does not explain the amp cutting out .. also is that other sound card an upgrade? .. or the older xonar essence xtx 2? honestly i noticed today my speakers are quiet if my pc is off .. i never shut it off but did today as i heard my sound card switch on the buzzing started.. i had rca to rca .. now im running aux from speaker to rca on card because card has no line out or 3.5mm ... neither will the stx 2 and im worried about that hum being from the RCA outputs

thats why i linked the creative that seems to have better specs and aux to aux maybe no buzzing.

Maybe my sound card is on its way out and thats why my bass cuts out.. idk .. i have so many theories..

could be the powered speakers but klipsch is not exactly a crap brand and it could be the card.. so who knows.

6. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Dude, I understand you want to buy a new thing. Just make sure you replacing the right part.

Did you try below?
    Just play some music from your smartphone or whatever on your klipsch speakers and see if sound is 100% stable.

Don't create new theories, just separate devices and test them 1 by 1.

7. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i wuill try the blue tooth on my phone tomorrow and
    report back

8. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    ok so i did not get to try bluetooth yet as i was out till late and to late to play music but i did move sound card last night to lower pciex1 slot snd the humm and now other noise is worse

9. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super

read previous posts and also i did judt try blue tooth no hum no buzz just clear signal and sound.. so must be the sound card cause i changed amps three times and bass does not cut out.

10. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super

i meant the bass does not cut out over bluetooth

11. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    ok, I still no idea why sound card causes it though. Hopefully new soundcard will resolve this issue.
    Might want to get standalone USB soundcard without drivers, so it works on its own.

Meanwhile, try using your motherboard on-board sound.

TyrantofJustice likes this.
  12. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    can you suggest some high end internal sound cards please as internal is better for me ... i doubt the creative card i linked to is an upgrade much or maybe it is ... im unsure about such things.

13. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well the card you’re looking at is definitely better and the best Creative has to offer.

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Creative AE-5 5.1 internal and G6 7.1 external USB are the best options.
    Both are extremely good.

INSTG8R likes this.
  15. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    ok hopefully it stops the feedback im getting .. i will order end of next month the ae 5

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    I have never suffered from any kind of interference with any of my internal cards, but for people who did, a USB sound card always solved the issue for them. I've heard that, very rarely, interference can travel through the USB cable though, and it can affect the DAC's output. I don't know if cable quality matters here.

17. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i have tried 10 dollar cables up to 60 dollar cables ... they broke down and are sending me a new sub amp... lets see if that stops the cut outs i will save the old one as a back up in case its not the amp... then i will buy the new sound card next month. Then i need a new cord again lol

18. TyrantofJustice

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    well i changed the sub amp and no more cut outs .... there was a yellow thing wrapped in yellow tape on the old and new amp ... on the old amp it looked deflated and saggy ... on new amp it looked all new and upright... bass sounds better now as well. will be trying a sound smi isolated brick plug unit for low sound signals between components and if not then the sound card is getting switched due to the hum/feed back