1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. WhiteHayZuse

WhiteHayZuse New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 660
    So I bought this computer from a friend last year and it has the msi overclock on it. it needs an update but the person i bought the computer from died a few months ago and he helped me with this stuff. Its 7 years old and i don't want the update to break anything. I really just need to know how to safely update cuz my machine has been getting warm. Maybe that will fix it maybe I just need to be less lazy and clean it

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Hi, Fist thing you should give is system and OS your running, along with the issue your trying to fix.
    I don't know if MSI AB for say still supports old OS, so that important to list hardware and software used.

As far as updating it is very easy.
    What I do is make sure first MSI AB is not running, so I uncheck the option start with windows in settings>general tab.
    reboot and run latest version, it will ask you if you want to save profiles, try with saving first.
    If all goes weel you be updated.

If you have troubles with updating you can always not save profiles and manually delete all remains of MSI AB after you uninstall, then install it, but that is not the norm.

3. WhiteHayZuse

WhiteHayZuse New Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 660
    Its windows 10, overall the computer runs great. I can play sc2 on high without it getting hotter that 61c. I really just want to know if updating will possibly break anything. This is my first overclocked machine and he had been helping me with all complex stuff. I think saving the profiles answers my initial question

Matt was a really interesting dude cuz he was born with his umbilical cord around his neck so he was half brain dead but a he didn't let that stop him from having the best computers. He ran servers and knew a few coding langues.

4. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Ok, You should be fine, its very straight forward, just say yes to saving profiles on the pop up.
    I have been updating MSI AB for over 10 yrs and maybe had to do 1 reinstall (clean profiles) in all that time of updating almost every version.
    Try it, if any issue report back and either me or others will help you out.