I need help picking parts for my 3d Modeling / Gaming Rig

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Shadowstrider21, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Shadowstrider21

Shadowstrider21 New Member

GPU:
    ATI
    Hey Guys, im about to start buying parts to put together a 3d modeling / gaming rig. I had alot of parts in mind but alot of new things have come out so now i got to figure out new things for my rig, for example, i had a motherboard in mind, but when i asked someone else they suggested i wait a bit and get one of the new sandy bridge motherboards when they came out, well now they are out but i dont know which one i should get. Along with that Intel has also come out with a new I7 series of Processors, which again now i know nothing about so if anyone could tell me which would be good that would be grate. Though as far as the motherboard goes, im thinking of having 6 sticks of ram (12G) so i need a motherboard that can handle that and one that is cross fire ready, because i was thinking of getting a radeon video card. Now i was thinking for the graphics card to get 2 Radeon Hd 6970's and do Cross Fire between them, but im not sure whether or not i should get the 6970 or Nvidias newer card instead the 580, im thinking ill get the 6970 more because of the difference in power consumption and heating unless anyone can give me a better reason as to why. Finally i need a suggestion as to what size power supply i would need to handle all this, and a suggestion of one if anyone has a good one in mind. Im not sure about an exact case for it yet, but i know its going to be a tower, and im planning on using liquid cooling for it.
    If you have any suggestions for me or anything plz let me know it will be very much appreciated.
    Thanks a Bunch

2. Shadowstrider21

Shadowstrider21 New Member

GPU:
    ATI
    Oh and the one other thing i need a suggestion on is a computer screen, im planning on getting 2, mabey 3