I need help deciding whether to buy a PS3 or not ...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by slick3, Jul 8, 2011.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Does anybody really believe a the PS4 or xbox720 will appear in the next year...these things are at least two years away at minimum before they appear on the shelf, the only console possibly arriving in the shops before the end of 2012 could be the Wii-U, but considering all Ninty had on show was a empty shell its going to be a push.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  2. Goshorai

Goshorai Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8600gt 1GB
    Be careful guys, we may turn this into a "OMG X CONSOLE SUCKS" thread, lets just keep it cool...
    And man, as some people said, the exclusivities are on of the main reasons to buy a console, If I never had bough my ps2, I would be unable to play some of the coolest games of all time. PS3 has some cool games in it, some exclusive some multi etc... you know.
    Look at inFamous, that game looks cool and is ps3 only, GoW 3, Collection and Origins Collection (If you never had a ps2/psp). Cool games.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games That's a list of PS3 games, you can see the exclusives there, check their descriptions, watch gameplay on youtube...
    Another thing, graphics arent everything man, I play sometimes with my n64 on my dad's HDTV (320x240 upscaled to 720p, looks awesome from far away and for 90's looks pretty nice.)
    Well, is up to you. Wish you the best luck with your decision:bigsmile:

3. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    Go for it. I have a PS3, a 360 and the Wii. The PS3 is fine!

*Blu-Ray is incredible
    *The games are great, exclusives are graphically superior opposed to multi-platform. Infamous, Gran Turismo, Uncharted series etc...
    *The online Multi-player is free
    *Netflix and Hulu (doesn't require a separate console subscription to function)

and lastly

*Silence. the system is quiet, and the disc drive doesn't sound like a chainsaw. I don't like having to crank up the speakers on my TV to drown out the sound of the disc drive.

Its a good accessory for your television.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  4. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    One of my friend's got the slim version, and I don't find the fan particularly silent. Didn't notice anything like that on the fat version though (two of my friends own a fat PS3).

You know which other gamepad rocks? The Logitech F310. The sticks and the d-pad are layed out just like the PS3's gamepad (plus, the lower front buttons are "progressive"), and the four buttons are like the 360's gamepad's buttons. You even got a switch underneath that can toggle between Xbox 360 (Xinput) and "normal" (DirectInput) modes. Now, it doesn't feature force feedback (or whatever it is called nowadays), but the F510 does have. I wholeheartedly recommend those.

5. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rx480
    I sold my quad core system because I bought a PS3. I have always been a gamer and actually like playing games on my tv...a 50" 3D tv...:).

GT5 is some Craic and LBP is stonking.Sega allstar racing is great fun with 4 of us playing..The kids even have a go sometimes.
    :).

6. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Just get one to have fun with your mates that's what I did. Playing good looking games on PC is fun but there's only so much fun you can have on your own. I bought an Xbox to play with all my mates as most of them don't have gaming PC's, mainly because of the price and constant need to upgrade.

Console gaming I find is more relaxed and sociable and that's why I like a mix of both.

7. mingxiningyue

mingxiningyue New Member

GPU:
    SyncMaster/E1920/1G
    Buy one, and enjoy the wonderful game!

8. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    I am astonished by some of the outright lies in this thread.

Take it from someone who has both consoles. Take a look at the "Exclusive" games on each console. Think of what systems your friends have. Then choose your console.

With Xbox, you have to pay to play with your friends, but you also have Xbox live, which is much better than PS3.

I chose the 360 first because all of my friends have a 360, no one has a PS3.
    I then got the PS3 to play a few games on it, however, the PS3 just sits and gathers dust because all of my friends have a 360.

However, as far as the people saying the graphics in games are better on the 360 are just retarded. I have always considered them relatively the same for the most part. I cannot tell the difference. Just a lot of people must sit 2 inches from their tv screen to try to notice every pixel, I find that odd.

If all of your friends have a PS3, then get that so you can play online with them. Vice versa if they have an Xbox.