i need a new pc chair :)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Covert, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    ive been looking for a new pc chair for ages now and the ones from pc world or argos are just so cheap and nasty, where do i go for a comfy pc chair thats not going to fall to bits after 6months ?

What chairs are you using now, is there a decent pc chair without braking the bank, i dont really want to spend over £80

it can be leather or cloth i dont mind :)

2. Julepalme

Julepalme Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX580 OC'ed
    i got one of these :) love it.

http://www.jysk.dk/120/122/3620004/a/catalog

the back is cloth net.. theres a strap across inside to lean against.

And the seat is cloth aswell.

I've never found leather chairs to be comfortable for sitting in for long stretches at a time :)

Also the back being cloth NET (lots of small holes, see through) makes it stay nice and cool sitting in the chair :)

No sweaty back after a few hours.

also 699 DKK roughly equals 60-70 pound or so.

You probably cant get the same model in your country.. but i'd tell ya to go looking for one with the cloth net thing.. very comfy :)

3. Crugath

Crugath Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I've got a chair from Ikea, this one http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/20103101, and it's a little out of your price range, but I've not had a better chair before. It's very comfortable, has very decent back support and has not given me any troubles, either with its build quality or giving me a pain in the back.

If you have an Ikea near you, it'd be worth going to have a look as they have a fairly large range of chairs which covers pretty much all price ranges.

Worth trying to get to the shop to have a sit down on them and feel the build quality first hand, really, as chairs are very subjective, I think. Good luck finding a chair though!!

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Honestly, I reccomend going to a store and trying them yourself. All chairs are different and people like different things.

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I bought an 'Operators Chair' from a supplier of second hand office equipment. Chairs from IKEA etc are crap and are second rate copies of 'proper' office furniture.

If you want a really good, chair designed for hours and hours of office use then find your self an office furniture supplier and go to the supplier and try out what they got.

My seat has all sort of adjustments, which means I can make it perfect for my seating position and desk. You will not get that with cheap stuff from IKEA or similar.

6. Crugath

Crugath Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Not that I'm an Ikea fanboy or anything, but Ikea does do "approved for office use" chairs which are designed to be as adjustable as possible and are suitable for sitting in for 8+ hours per day. Although they're above the £80 price range of the original poster. The "Markus" chair I linked to in my previous post is their cheapest "approved for office use" chair and I think it's great.

No doubt there are better/other options out there, of course.

7. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

this is looking like yours isnt it :)

http://www.furnitureatwork.co.uk/We...x&route=000148.011812.007452&productId=212903

8. Kalish colt

Kalish colt Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS 5870
  9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Does the UK have anything like the AFRDI rating we have in Australia?

http://www.furntech.org.au/

Government places around here like to use only AFRDI 6 rated products, mostly because they last for years even in a high stress environment, such as a school or library.

10. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080