I need a new mouse.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Loobyluggs, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Palm grip.

Something that will last several years as my 2nd FUNC MS3r2 has begun to show signs of failure. It's seen my through BF3, BF4 and several friends were almost as heart broken as me that the mouse is dying. Lots of good times on this mouse, but I got to move on...no stores have got this any more. The brand was bought by Fnatic, and their current range is too small and weedy-looking.
    [​IMG]
    The bigger the better, but wired is what I use...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  2. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Logitech G502. It's really enjoyable to use. I bought one on sale and I used to be a diehard Deathadder person, but after the 900th one broke I switched sides. Was not disappointed.

3. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    G502, but it prefers finger grip.

G400s or Deathadder is more designed for palm grip.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The 502 does look good, if a little small. The side lip is interesting, like the picture I linked.

Any others? I'll consider anything if it's Palm grip. Claw is just too painful over long periods.

5. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I palm my 502 like I did my DeathAdder with no complaints. It would only be an issue if you had huge hands.

6. RS-X

RS-X Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 super
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    G502, pretty happy with it. Using a mix of palm and figer grip, I quite enjoy the mouse and it's quality.

That girl in the OP would need one for finger grip, look at those tiny hands and fingers :D :banana:

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
  9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    G502 user here, bought it on release from America before it released in the UK. Best mouse I've ever used. If it breaks I'll buy another G502. Best sensor on the market, enough buttons, built like a tank, scroll wheel might take a bit of getting used to (from what I remember when I first used it) but now it feels absolutely normal.

Free scrolling is a godsend in games like Diablo 3.

10. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's looking like being one of the following:

Corsair Sabre Optical Gaming Mouse

[​IMG]

Sharkoon Sharkforce

[​IMG]

Cooler master Xornet ii (this is apparently a comfortable claw grip)

[​IMG]

Corsair M65 PRO

[​IMG]

11. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I have went via few mouses, Razer DeathAdder which has not been bad, but I hate this mouse, because has been too light for me, then Corsair M65 which is has been my biggest disappointment, SW is buggy causing high clocks on GPU and several times has happened GPU stayed at low clocks during the gaming or rendering and then I've went with G502 which has been and is best mouse which I owned to the date, first mouse brother has stolen from me and bought second one

My brother tried my M65 which he hated, my girlfriend hated M65 mouse and still sits in my closet

Personally I would go with Logitech G502, its great mouse for money, I will be getting G900 as well just want to see how good or bad is it

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

12. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    I'd stay away from corsair mouses.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Like... Why start a thread asking "which mouse to get", then get like 80%+ people recommending the G502 just for you to completely ignore them? Next time just buy whatever you want, no need to ask if you're not going to listen.

14. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Eclap, that's very easy to answer: because it is not a palm grip mouse. The mices I have listed apparently are, other than the finger grip mouse, which is the other end of the spectrum of palm.

Eclap, I could also easily say the same thing "Why reply to a thread asking for a new palm grip mouse with the 502?" but I didn't because that would be kinda antagonistic. If people wanted to reply to the thread with their favourite mouse, that's up to them, even if it went against my question and request. I didn't mock them, I didn't berate them; I accepted this would happen but hoped someone would point me in the direction of a Palm Grip.

I am probably going to add the Mionix NAOS 7000/8000 to my list of preferences, thanks to mbk1969; but their website is down and has been for a while, so it's hard to comment and gauge in too much depth.

I did already comment on the 502 "The 502 does look good, if a little small. The side lip is interesting, like the picture I linked." I'm sorry if you missed that.

jura11 put forth some awesome feedback on the mices I listed, and I do thank them for that! I was tempted by the design and sizes mostly, not the brand (I am replacing a mouse by FUNC, a company which is now defunct) but yah, I do need a big mouse for palm grip, as that is my style of use for the last 5-6 years and I don't want to go back. Finger grip/stub might work, as I can scrunch-up my palm a little bit hence why I am considering the Xornet ii

sverek put forward an interesting point about corsair, and I have to say I did find it surprising they had any products in this area, as I always had them pegged for more cases, cooling, memory; not mices.

Look eclap, I respect all the responses here and deeply respect that something personal like a mouse is a very difficult thing for people to comment on. I also know it will bring forth a lot of passion, due to it's use. I think that people being passionate about technology is cool, I really do!

I hope you do, too.

15. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Another point of choice - included software. Some companies utilize internet-based solutions to store parameters, and some (which I prefer) - mouse memory solutions. I prefer to run mouse software from time to time when I want something to change/check. I disapprove of mouse software to run all the time for mouse to work with configured parameters.

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Agree 100%

The FUNC has got on board memory and eprom, and does run independently of it's software. This, I really could not like more and you are so right.

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    Unfortunately when you browse sites it is not always obvious which route mouse software takes.
    Mionix equips their mouses with onboard memory, so the software can be launched only when you need it.
    With Corsair I am not sure because some their models work with such standalone software and some - with internet-based one. And some are stated to work with internet-based software but actually work with standalone as well. (This could be outdated info because I did not browse their site for a long time.)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Hey, no hard feelings, it's just that you see threads pop up where the OP is asking for advice just to completely ignore it in the end and buy some dud product.

My advice is this. Go to a store and try out the G502. See if it fits in your hand. Alternatively, buy one from Amazon, try it and if you don't like it, send it back, no questions asked.

Imo the G502 is too good to be ignored. Excellent sensor, well built, enough buttons, just overall a top product. Good luck whatever you end up getting.

19. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    If you want to have comfortable experience with mouse and grabbing it with palm you need to look for this points:
    1) Big
    2) Ergonomic
    3) Preferably Heavy

Thing is, Corsair are not big, nor ergonomic nor have much weight. So you looking totally into wrong direction. You gonna end up having corsair mouse sitting in upper side of your palm and your back side on the table, which is wrong.

People recommending G502 because its hard to go wrong with it. But you can select better mouse if you actually try to learn and read reviews and understanding what mouse suits palm grip.

And to add more hate toward corsair mouses, there no communities I know that recommend corsair mouses for competitive fps gaming. Corsair might do something right, but their gaming apparel is anything but disaster, which they try to cover with customer service and shiny RGB. Oh, by customer service I mean staff that hangs out with braindead PCMR community.

20. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    I'm pretty sure PC World have in stores G502 and would recommend at least try this mouse, how it feels in hand etc

Corsair mouses not sure if I would get another one

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura